Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community

Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/)
-   Building Your Own (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f97/)
-   -   New Build (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f97/new-build-7792/)

RC1 06-08-2018 08:15 AM

New Build

Hi
Just started a new to me build of a toterhome on a 1994 freightliner fl60 chassis with a 1988 8.3 turbo cummins. Plan is mainly to use to pull a trailer to haul a race car and use as a motorhome. I have bought a build somebody has started on but never finished. I have just rebuilt the turbo which had been left exposed and was pretty corroded up, installed some new batteries and just got running.
I want to add on to what they have currently done, I am pulling a tag but think I would like to leave room to put a fifth wheel hitch also.
I could use a lot of advice and input along the way to those willing to share there knowledge. The current addition does not have the head height to stand up so my addition I would need to make a little higher. Mainly wanting seating, a table, couple beds, sink , toilet, fridge, microwave.
Thanks in advance I will try and figure out how to add a few pictures.
Located in Alberta, Canada
And also a newb to the site.
Thanks

petrel 06-09-2018 06:24 AM

I don't know anything about building a rig out from scratch, but I thought I'd drop in to welcome you to the site. Would love to see photos of your work in progress.

Good luck with your build.

RC1 06-09-2018 08:59 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks for reply
I don't know much about building one from scratch either so it should be fun, I build cars, rigs/motor homes not so much .
Stilling trying to figure out how to attach a picture. Got it
Now I am trying to figure out how to rotate a picture haha
When I download they come through upside down can't find anything to rotate them back , any suggestions ?
Thanks

bushpilot 06-09-2018 12:35 PM

2 Attachment(s)
let me see if I can help...
Oh and welcome to the group!

RC1 06-09-2018 01:57 PM

Haha. Awesome Thanks
Now I need to find out how to do that

bushpilot 06-09-2018 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC1 (Post 47995)
Haha. Awesome Thanks
Now I need to find out how to do that

I cheated and just took some screen shots from my monitor and then flipped them w/ my Mac book pro photo editor

RC1 06-09-2018 02:38 PM

Ahhh thanks
You will just have to follow all my picture posts haha
Thanks again

solo318 06-11-2018 01:57 PM

I (re)built most of mine from scratch. When I build the next one it will be completely from scratch. Let me know if You need any help.

Bob86ZZ4 06-14-2018 12:45 PM

I wish I would have scrolled down to Don's post. Wouldn't have had to turn my laptop over to see those pictures.

RC1 06-21-2018 11:43 PM

Haha

Thanks solo318 I will be taking you up on that
Sorry for the slow reply been gone a few days
Anyway gathering items and will get a few new pictures on managed to buy a bunch of windows out of a pretty decent camper, so they are nice tinted sliders have to do a little work to get everybody to fit but they should work good.

Kenn 07-09-2018 02:56 PM

new build

Welcome, when you put windows in they need to slide forward to open and rearward to close. On the road at speed in the rain lots of water will leak if done wrong. Have fun and keep the pictures coming.

RC1 07-29-2018 07:37 PM

Hi
Sorry for the huge delay in response thanks Kenn for the info on putting in the windows correct, I have just recently purchased some windows and will take note to install them properly can use all the help I can get.
Thanks much appreciated

RC1 09-01-2018 08:27 PM

Had a very busy summer but I am still moving forward with this project and will try and ask a lot of questions very soon to keep it moving a head.
Thanks in advance

RC1 09-01-2018 10:31 PM

Maybe I will start with....... I have it running now and went to move it for a test run around the yard as I have never drove it yet, seems I have a right rear brake locked up, think this unit had been sitting possibly for a year or two, see there is no brake backing plate on it, are they at all known for siezing up ? Or any ideas ? seem to have my air all working left tire will move, front ones appear like they would right seems solid, have not had much time to check further , was going to tap on the drum to see if I might knock some rust out etc ,if not guess I need to remove the tire and try and get the drum off, unless I am missing something
Thanks