Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 01-14-2003, 05:36 PM   #1

Well I've been talking to Lonnie a bunch but have yet to get to see one of these coaches in person or drive one. I've found a dealer within 3 hours of me that has a Renegade that I plan to drive to compare to my current RV.

While walking around the Florida RV SuperShow here in Tampa today, I found a Haulmark conversion that looks just like the Show Hauler. It is on the Freightliner Columbia chassis and looks great. It has 2 slides with one up front and one on the back. I mean all the way in the back going out the rear of the coach and not to the side. I'll get more info when I take a look at it tomorrow along with pictures.

Is Show Hauler doing the conversions for Haulmark or are they doing there own?

Thanks,
Brian

Brian Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 06:24 PM   #2

Brian -

Glad to here your out checking these out. My other website www.irv2.com (this is the one I started first) is in the show down there recruiting members.

Love to see the photo's of that rear exit slide, sound pretty wild.

Actually, Show Hauler built conversions for Haulmark in the beginning. At some point they parted ways, and they now both build their own. I believe Haulmark has gone to a aluminum cage structure recently, also find out what their frame spacing is 16" oc or 24".

I never drove a Diesel Pusher, but did have a class a gasser and driving a Truck Conversion is so much more fun and the ride of my conversion is better than any vehicle I have ever driven (car, van, ect..) Just incredibly smooth!

Good luck!

2003 28' Show Hauler Motorhome on a 1995 FL 120 completely refurbished chassis. Currently in production - scheduled completion 1/10/03 www.showhauler.com

Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 11:10 AM   #3

I saw a Renegade at the PRI show in Indy last month that I REALLY liked. It was a 17' side entry toter with the bathroom along the back. When the double slide was out, it made the whole thing seem like a big room. Medium dark wood floors and cabinets with burgabdy upholstry. Real Classy. I think it was on a Columbia and was listed at $165,000.
Dano959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003, 06:11 AM   #4

Dano959 -

Love that Columbia look, and Alliance parts has some incredible chrome exterior accessories that dress that rig up real nice. Visited the Renegade factory back when they where still in there smaller facility and was impressed with the 5/8" FRP walls they use. The only thing I never did check into was weight of these panels over traditional steel cage construction (Won't be a issue on a toter) and how well the panels hold together (roof to wall & wall to base) without having a welded structure behind them. And what I mean is how well do the screws that tie the edges together stay tight and secure.

I am hoping over time we get owners of all of the different mfg'ers in here to let us know the + & - of each unit.

Good luck in your search and keep us posted!

2003 28' Show Hauler Motorhome on a 1995 FL 120 www.showhauler.com
Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote