Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community > Truck Conversion Talk > Building Your Own
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 12-04-2013, 09:31 AM   #81

Microwave mounted... LEDs in the living area, garage and cab...

bydesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:33 AM   #82

here is the micro wave...

Old 12-04-2013, 09:36 AM   #83

there are always distractions... a buddy swung by with his grandsons power wheel jeep... pretty darn cool... but we can make it cooler!

stripped down for the LED install...

and with headlights, running lights and tail lights ($14 LED lights from auto zone and 3 hours later...)

I think these projects are even more fun than the big toys!
Old 12-04-2013, 11:53 AM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by bydesign View Post
there are always distractions... a buddy swung by with his grandsons power wheel jeep... pretty darn cool... but we can make it cooler!

stripped down for the LED install...

and with headlights, running lights and tail lights ($14 LED lights from auto zone and 3 hours later...)

I think these projects are even more fun than the big toys!
Pimp that ride.
FrankZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:41 AM   #85

Weekend was spent with the south florida jeep club... over at Cecil Webb over on the Gulf coast. We had a great time and the toter rolled smooth as can be. Got to run the new interor LED lighting along with the replacement H3 LEDs in the rear gate floods... not crazy bright but certainly more than enough light.

Old 12-17-2013, 12:29 PM   #86

Toter get a coach for $100... in great shape and folds flat!

Old 12-17-2013, 12:31 PM   #87

I am not encouraging guests but it does happen from time to time... next is finishing he water tank and fresh water system.
Old 01-13-2014, 12:41 PM   #88

hey user by design, really loving your toter and how its coming along, actually loved it so much that I joined this forum (looks like a really cool place) what ramps did you go with? or did you make your own? I have been thinking about doing a budget race car hauler (lower angle ramps and I would need to do something about the wheel wells) and I was wondering how much this has cost you so far of your original 8500 budget?
creamypies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 12:59 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by creamypies View Post
hey user by design, really loving your toter and how its coming along, actually loved it so much that I joined this forum (looks like a really cool place) what ramps did you go with? or did you make your own? I have been thinking about doing a budget race car hauler (lower angle ramps and I would need to do something about the wheel wells) and I was wondering how much this has cost you so far of your original 8500 budget?
I am currently at about $6500, I purchased my ramps they are alumn and super light... Rated for 5000 pounds each. I do not run more than 4 or 5 hours so the uhaul suits me fine... Cruise at 60-65 mph
Old 01-13-2014, 04:49 PM   #90

Quote:
I am currently at about $6500, I purchased my ramps they are alumn and super light... Rated for 5000 pounds each. I do not run more than 4 or 5 hours so the uhaul suits me fine... Cruise at 60-65 mph
thats AWESOME you're still under budget, thing looks fresh as it is, and you can probably sell this for waaaay more than you're into it. I need to sell my truck and im doing it. where did you pick up the truck that cheap?
creamypies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 02:04 PM   #91

It really is coming along nicely. I really can't wait to get back to working on mine.

Good job on keep things under budget.
expensivehobby22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 03:13 PM   #92

Quote:
thats AWESOME you're still under budget, thing looks fresh as it is, and you can probably sell this for waaaay more than you're into it. I need to sell my truck and im doing it. where did you pick up the truck that cheap?
looked for more than a year and saw what felt like thousands but definitely more than 100 trucks... mostly craigslist...

did most everything myself... saved on the $ all that is left is the water system... I have the tank just need to get it hung between the frame rails
Old 01-20-2014, 03:16 PM   #93

Quote:
here is the link to the ramps... I went with 5000lbs alm

http://www.discountramps.com/car_ram...15C=1394889822
Old 02-02-2014, 09:27 PM   #94

Great build! With all that Florida sun you could power a solar system so you wouldn't need to run the generator so much.
sweetfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:39 AM   #95

bydesign, they let you ride out at cecil webb?
GConnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 06:50 PM   #96

Just checking in to see how the 3/4 insulation and the A/C setup you have worked for keeping you cool down in FL. I'm trying to get my plans lined up so I can dive into the truck once it warms up a bit up here in MA.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:04 AM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by expensivehobby22 View Post
Just checking in to see how the 3/4 insulation and the A/C setup you have worked for keeping you cool down in FL. I'm trying to get my plans lined up so I can dive into the truck once it warms up a bit up here in MA.

I have been on a few adventures... And she has been chillin! I have about 1.5" in the walls and about an inch or so in the roof... If you look back I am sure i mentioned the specifics earlier in the build...

Metal roof sucks in the heat... But the frp walls are just the opposite... Having the awning keeps one side shaded too
Old 03-02-2014, 10:05 AM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by GConnell View Post
bydesign, they let you ride out at cecil webb?

On graded or improved roads while not in season... During season you can pretty much go anywhere... Of course respectfully... Not tearing it up
Old 03-02-2014, 11:21 AM   #99

Oh ok. I guess I misread then.

Glad to hear that it's been working out well.

Quote:
I have been on a few adventures... And she has been chillin! I have about 1.5" in the walls and about an inch or so in the roof... If you look back I am sure i mentioned the specifics earlier in the build...

Metal roof sucks in the heat... But the frp walls are just the opposite... Having the awning keeps one side shaded too
Old 03-04-2014, 11:44 AM   #100

do they let atv's out there?

GConnell is offline   Reply With Quote