Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community > Truck Conversion Talk > Building Your Own
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 06-10-2013, 09:58 AM   #21

Started packing out the interoir walls and added the insulation... basically 3/4" of foil faced panels... glued up and the pack out is ply ripped down so I have something to screw the finish panels too... hopefulyy I will get the loft / attic done tonight. Then I can work on the ceiling!

bydesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:44 PM   #22

looking good and kinda familiar lol

Old 06-24-2013, 03:25 PM   #23

I ended up puting 1.25" of foilbacked foam into the roof before covering it with roll wave PVC roofing... it was flexible enough to roll down across the 45 dergee edges of the roof to the wall... and it is easily removable to add wiring for lighting and or speakers...

and the walls got 3/4" (they are already 5/8" ply FRP) then they were covered with FRP panel also screwed into place so future wiring and or plumbing will be simple...

Finally gave up on an intermitant alt.... replaced with a remanned unit for $78... no core so i figure I will have the OEM rebuilt for a spare
Old 06-24-2013, 03:28 PM   #24

here is a shot with the side panels up... and the roof ready for the roll panels

Old 07-15-2013, 09:17 AM   #25

First haul... only 2 hrs away... steady 65 MPH no problems... going!

Great time wheeling at Lazy Springs off road park in south florida... tons of fun! AVTs and UTVs Jeep and other 4x4s... fantastic park...

unfortunately threw a tread on the inside rear on the drivers side... I knew the tires were about 6 years old... and the truck sat for a while before I got her... time for new shoes... The interor is still in process but it was realy comfortable... and will only become nicer!
Old 07-18-2013, 09:50 AM   #26

Looking good. I just used mine to "gasp" move. 4,000 mile trip from the west to east coast with it's fair share of problems. Also lost an inner dual. Luckily I had signed up for coachnet, so I was only out the cost of the tires. Which was good bc we were far away from any exits.

Anyway, good to see you out using yours. I like the simplicity of the ceiling you came up with.
expensivehobby22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:04 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by expensivehobby22 View Post
Looking good. I just used mine to "gasp" move. 4,000 mile trip from the west to east coast with it's fair share of problems. Also lost an inner dual. Luckily I had signed up for coachnet, so I was only out the cost of the tires. Which was good bc we were far away from any exits.

Anyway, good to see you out using yours. I like the simplicity of the ceiling you came up with.
Thank you... she is coming along... I just signed up for coach net... just put six new tires on this week... but well worth the investment...

where are u on the east coast?
Old 07-18-2013, 12:19 PM   #28

I am in Massachusets now. So, a long ways away.

Good on the tires. I now have 4 new ones. Two before the trip, and two during. Kept the unblown dual as a spare.

I like the look with the black grille and black headlight buckets. That's what I was planning on doing too.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:23 AM   #29

Quote:
I am in Massachusets now. So, a long ways away.

Good on the tires. I now have 4 new ones. Two before the trip, and two during. Kept the unblown dual as a spare.

I like the look with the black grille and black headlight buckets. That's what I was planning on doing too.
Coachnet just returned my application... they say they do not cover covered vehicles or Toters in general?
Old 07-19-2013, 10:35 AM   #30

That's odd. I was honest with them over the phone about what my truck was, though I don't think I specifically said toter. I think I just said converted moving truck.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:49 AM   #31

Quote:
That's odd. I was honest with them over the phone about what my truck was, though I don't think I specifically said toter. I think I just said converted moving truck.
is it a registered RV ? i would just tell them "RV" and be done w/ it.
bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:58 AM   #32

bushpilot... no but I will take that aproach when I change over the reg...

very productive weekend... new tires all the way around on fri and let me tell you, when in Hialeah if you really want to blow them minds of the tire guys... when you pick up your rig show up in a jeep on steroids and drive it up into the back of your rig! They went nuts! Told them it was my spare...

I framed out the buckhead between the living quarters and the garage, got the storm door hung... and bedlinered the floor in the living quarters...

also picked up an AC unit that will be hung above the door... welded up a tray / brackets to tie it into the side and ceiling...

pics to follow shortly
Old 07-29-2013, 07:02 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushpilot View Post
is it a registered RV ? i would just tell them "RV" and be done w/ it.

when I change over the registration I will try again... what make is your awning? That will be my next project... by the way really sharp looking rig! and not just because you have a good looking JK trailing behind it!
Old 07-29-2013, 09:16 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by bydesign View Post
when I change over the registration I will try again... what make is your awning? That will be my next project... by the way really sharp looking rig! and not just because you have a good looking JK trailing behind it!
the awning is an A&E Weatherpro
bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:47 AM   #35

Looking forward to seeing your latest pics.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:37 PM   #36

standing in the garage facing forward... bulkhead going in...

inside the living area looking aft the AC will be mounted above the new door

Herculiner on the floor... nice stuff... stinky but great sound deadening... quited the cab down dramatically!

Old 07-29-2013, 03:38 PM   #37

here is one more looking thru the door from the garage into the living area

The galley base cabinets will go along this wall with the micro wave hung up under the over hang of the bed... and a futon / coach will run along the other wall... in the galley cab will reside a small fridge / instant hot water heater and a small bar sink... trying to keep it simple
Old 07-29-2013, 03:43 PM   #38

Looking good.

I'm very curious to hear how the A/C perfoms where you are going to put it. I am considering the same, but am little worried about pumping the heat from it into the garage area. I'm sure that if it works for you down in Florida it will work well for me.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:36 PM   #39

Quote:
Looking good.

I'm very curious to hear how the A/C perfoms where you are going to put it. I am considering the same, but am little worried about pumping the heat from it into the garage area. I'm sure that if it works for you down in Florida it will work well for me.
Will let you know...
Old 08-05-2013, 12:56 PM   #40

OK... AC is now in and mounted... tied to both th roof and the wall... NOw we are chillin!

had some troubles when I tried getting the jeep into the garage wet and sandy... so they say a diamond is a girls best friend... tures out Jeeps like them too...