Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community > Truck Conversion Talk > Building Your Own
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 01-13-2013, 10:37 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
So a little more got done this past weekend, I am thinking that by the end of the month the box will be on the frame! That is if all goes well, and the weather holds out.

Dodger
Looking really good. I am thinking I should have used the poly busings as well. I used sleeper mount bushings from Kenworth that look about the same as yours, however,they compressed about a half inch more than I anticipated and now my opening to the cab is lower by 1/2 inch. The rubber boot will probably handle it. How much do you think you box weighs? I don't know what mine weighs but I think its much heavier than I anticipated. Keep the photo's coming. MMM

mmmc101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:18 AM   #22

I was hoping this thing would be done already, but you know how life gets in the way, right now I am at an Army school, so it will have to wait till I get back. According to Road Rescue (the people who made the box) the box weighs around 5500 pounds empty. When I completely removed everything that was not bolted down and weighed it it tip the scales at 10053 pounds. I am guess the van cut away chassis must weigh about 5k as well? I figure that with ten poly mounts, it should not settle too much more than an 1/8 inch. They are pretty stiff, but should still absorb some twisting and vibration. Since this is truck is going to be used mostly on paved surfaces, I am hoping that I have accounted for enough flex for a rigid cab to box mount setup as recommended by Road Rescue.