Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 08-17-2019, 10:53 PM   #101

Actually going with the foil faced poly iso three and a half inches thick. What did you do to break that hand? That don't sound like a good time! ):

hoodoo valley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 01:06 AM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodoo valley View Post
Actually going with the foil faced poly iso three and a half inches thick. What did you do to break that hand? That don't sound like a good time! ):
I suggest that then add some fiberglass or cellulose insulation to absorb sound, it’s why I didn’t fill my wall cavities full of spray foam insulation plus thermal bridging I wanted to avoid. I got angry and put my fist through a car window in junk yard that someone pulled a transmission in and did it in a order that bound up the transmission, plus couldn’t get part out in time and it’s 4 hr drive to get to it.

Weldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 02:09 AM   #103

Yup! That'll cramp your day. Well, I hope you get healed fast enough.

Regarding the noise issue, I hope that the 3/8 inch air space will help elleaviate that. The roof will be more like 1 1/4 on account of the bows.

Today, I insulated and sheeted the inside of the back wall at the entry. All studs and plates are in on the drivers side and insulation fitting begins tomorrow, and sheeting as I go. Once I get the drivers side done, I'll start feeling like I might beat the cold.....
Old 08-20-2019, 02:04 PM   #104

Here's the wall after insulation and before I sheeted it.
Attached Thumbnails
lir7yl7rp97tpp.jpg  
Old 08-21-2019, 12:45 AM   #105

I believe you will beat the cold. Nice insulation job, too bad the door and the window in it will be the weak link in the armor for insulation value and for breaking in. Never liked the thought of window you can break no matter the size you can access the door lock or windows one could crawl through, burglar bars it is with emergency release. Though 3M makes a film to help thwart such problems you should look into.
Old 08-22-2019, 12:36 AM   #106

Generally speaking, we don't have too much a problem with breaking in to, around here. Like our home, this will be left unlocked all the time here in the yard. Heck, my truck is sitting out in the yard right now with the key in the ignition, as it has every single night since forever! I do worry though, because the world is a changing! On the road however, we'll be locking it up and I was contemplating even installing interior shutters to close it off from the outside.
Old 08-22-2019, 12:48 AM   #107

Last night, I jammed out 6 feet of wall before the wife called me up wanting my company. Can't imagine why?

Tonight, I took off. Here's a photo of things thus far though......

Board is holding that bay in until the silicone sets, and I can put up the sheeting. I worry about my engineering, and any issues I might be over looking, but time is running out and I need to be in position to get heat on in there when the time comes. One things for sure..... we're solid!

Work resumes tomorrow night.
Attached Thumbnails
krykyrikddyii.jpg  
Old 08-22-2019, 09:29 AM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodoo valley View Post
Generally speaking, we don't have too much a problem with breaking in to, around here. Like our home, this will be left unlocked all the time here in the yard. Heck, my truck is sitting out in the yard right now with the key in the ignition, as it has every single night since forever! I do worry though, because the world is a changing! On the road however, we'll be locking it up and I was contemplating even installing interior shutters to close it off from the outside.
Don’t mind my paranoia just war and Washington state has made me this way, especially fact of they just let them go here. Anywho nice progress and a shutter would be great not just for thieves but if a bad storm blows through. Got pretty hairy in Montana a few nights this summer and I know how most of the country is.
Old 08-25-2019, 10:27 AM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldman View Post
Don’t mind my paranoia just war and Washington state has made me this way, especially fact of they just let them go here. Anywho nice progress and a shutter would be great not just for thieves but if a bad storm blows through. Got pretty hairy in Montana a few nights this summer and I know how most of the country is.
I was thinking a shutter just in case a window breaks in transit.

Yes, I should be paranoid too I suppose. Worlds changing and getting crazier every day I swear.

As for progress and photos........ I'm only half way down that wall. I'll be hitting it hard today though. Saw my first stink bug in a window, which means Fall is on it's way and I gotta step this shit up or I'll be framing in de cold! NOT!
Old 08-26-2019, 02:45 AM   #110

2nd wall insulated but not sheeted. I'll start passenger side wall framing Monday.
Old 08-27-2019, 03:07 AM   #111

Photos to date..........
Attached Thumbnails
ytddfuy.jpg   o489489489489489ro7o6.jpg  
Old 08-27-2019, 04:29 PM   #112

Looks cozy to the point one could fart and warm the place up . What’s in store for the ceiling?
Old 08-28-2019, 01:30 AM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldman View Post
Looks cozy to the point one could fart and warm the place up . What’s in store for the ceiling?
But if I did that, the place would be inhabitable! Three and a half inches of Iso puts the R factor above that of a conventional home and there's not going to be side windows at least for the first year. The ceiling will be 2X 6 framing 4 foot centers to eliminate seams as much as possible. There will be a little bit of linkage to address the long over spans for the lid sheeting

Tonight, I moved everything over to the other side so that operations could begin on the passenger side. Cut my bottom plates and they are setting there ready to install.
Old 08-28-2019, 11:40 PM   #114

Bottom plate / passenger side installed and studs notched and in place loosely, ready to be hangered in this Friday.
Old 08-29-2019, 09:25 PM   #115

Looking great and can't wait to see the floor plan come together.
2005 Renegade #1204 42 footer Columbia M3200CH-435,12 speed auto Cat 12 kw Genset, Roadtrip Mission in-mot Dish Network, Washer dryer combo, Jeep Liberty toad,1973 Cessna Skylane,1955 Chev 210 Belair survivor
samcrimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 02:59 PM   #116

Passenger wall is complete and insulating has begun as of last night. More going in tonight. Photos coming soon.
Old 09-02-2019, 03:01 PM   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcrimm View Post
Looking great and can't wait to see the floor plan come together.
Given that I've only got 24 feet, it's going to be fairly simple, and I'm still working out a few details.
Old 09-02-2019, 04:58 PM   #118

looking REALLY good!
bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 12:36 AM   #119

Both long walls insulating is done, now starting to sheet them. Plan is to get them sheeted, then ledger and start ceiling framing, then end wall.
Old 09-21-2019, 01:10 PM   #120

Crickets chirping...