Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 03-26-2009, 01:58 PM   #1

Hello all, I am in the process of building a Toterhome on a Kenworth W900 chassis.I was wondering if there are any others in the central Okla area that have built or are building one that I could discuss lessons learned/ideas with.I am currently looking at slide out assy's. I have just about deceided on the Liftco "rollerless" slide.Has anyone installed one? Any input would be appreciated. Great website,just wish it had more activity. MMM

mmmc101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 07:59 PM   #2

Hi, I'm in the vicinity of Harrah, Ok.
In process of finishing the build on a 43' Freightshaker motorhome with 13' slide etc.
Would be glad to give you the benifit of my experience,...mistakes & all.
Send pvt message & I'll forward email & ph#, etc

Bob E

Bob E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 07:05 AM   #3

Bob,sent you a message but not sure I did it correctly.MMM
Old 04-10-2009, 10:40 AM   #4

Bob E, We really dodged a bullet last night! Next door neighbor lost the roof off his barn,carport and siding off the house but no fire. Did you sustain any wind damage? New 6000 sf house down the road a little burned to the ground. Those wood shingles look nice but they should be outlawed in Oklahoma. I have stopped work on the KW to design a sprinkler system for my roof.Sitting on the roof with a garden hose at 10 o'clock at night in a 50 mph wind is not my idea of fun. MMM
Old 04-10-2009, 03:38 PM   #5

.....make sure you have a back up gasoline or diesel engine driven pump for the sprinklers....can relate to hot having a back up system......and also a good water supply that the FD can't suck dry.......geofkaye
geofkaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:02 PM   #6

I am looking to build a toterhome and would like any info on where to get parts and supplies. I live in shawnee area. I was also wondering if you could build it off the truck and then just back the truck under it and bolt it on.
kandafarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 05:28 PM   #7

...ON FLOOR BUILDING IS RISKY IF YOU CAN'T MEASURE TOO WELL....otherwise, it is much easier and less of a risk when climbing on and off the truck all the time...also the use of ladders in minimal and that is a safety plus. Adding the side boxes will also be a lot easier if you add the brackets under the bed and just lift the boxes to the brackets and bolt in place.....many a time have wished for the opportunity to build like that but never had the chance.....geofkaye
geofkaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 05:25 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob E:
Hi, I'm in the vicinity of Harrah, Ok.
In process of finishing the build on a 43' Freightshaker motorhome with 13' slide etc.
Would be glad to give you the benifit of my experience,...mistakes & all.
Send pvt message & I'll forward email & ph#, etc

Bob E
RICKEY SCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 05:59 AM   #9

HI BOB, I HAVE 94 KW T600 S60 AUTOSHIFT THAT IS RETIREING (ME TO). I'M IN UNION, MO(ST LOUIS)AND LOOKING FOR INFO HELP ON HOW TO BUILD THANK YOU RICK
RICKEY SCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:18 AM   #10

Before you start.... Drive out to Concordia MO and talk to Wyatt at Spacecraft, if your conversion is going to be a nice on (rather than just someplace to haul dirt bikes and sleep, I doubt that you can build it yourself much cheaper than SpaceCraft can. They do as much or as little as you want. I have just built my own, I farmed out a large portion of the construction and still spent a year and a half on the project, it is all paid for, but double my estimate and many things could have been done better had a professional done it. And it would have been cheaper cheaper to have SpaceCraft do it!!

Good luck, at least call Wyatt and tell him blizzard with the rumrunner told you to call.
SpaceCraft #660-463-7520
Old 05-19-2010, 04:34 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally posted by blizzardND:
Before you start.... Drive out to Concordia MO and talk to Wyatt at Spacecraft, if your conversion is going to be a nice on (rather than just someplace to haul dirt bikes and sleep, I doubt that you can build it yourself much cheaper than SpaceCraft can. They do as much or as little as you want. I have just built my own, I farmed out a large portion of the construction and still spent a year and a half on the project, it is all paid for, but double my estimate and many things could have been done better had a professional done it. And it would have been cheaper cheaper to have SpaceCraft do it!!

Good luck, at least call Wyatt and tell him blizzard with the rumrunner told you to call.
SpaceCraft #660-463-7520

Wow thats interesting, i checked out there website, never heard of them before this, i will keep them in mind for the future, thanks Gene
Old 05-19-2010, 07:22 PM   #12

Quote:

SpaceCraft #660-463-7520
I had a similar experience on my previous RV as blizzardND decribes above. To his comments, I add that as long as your going / considering a trip to Concordia MO, you may as well add Jackson MO (near Cape)to your list. I learned my lesson and had my current truck built by Jason at Hawk Engineering...#(573) 579-8295 or http://hawkengineering.com/Index.htm

Feel free to contact me off-list for any details on my coach or my build experience

Rad
Old 05-20-2010, 07:31 AM   #13

I had heard about SpaceCraft on the Escappees Forum, we stopped at a rest area near Columbia last week, while waiting for FD to return to the RumRunner, I noticed the building directly behind the rest area said SraceCraft, I clicked on the Nav screen and found out the next exit was only a 1/2 mile down the road to get on the frontage raod back to SC, so 10 minutes later we were on a private tour of SpaceCraft with Wyatt, a very intellgent young man that grew up in the plant. They build everything custom, very very seldom do they build more than one of anything. So they are used to designing around the customers needs. Here are some pictures that I took last week.

the rest area sign

their demo units

a bunkhouse 5v'r for the Carnival

A custom master suite in the back 5v'r

blizz
Old 05-20-2010, 01:53 PM   #14

Cool, hay, how come no pictures of that toterhome? I'll bet he was impressed with the Rumrunner?
Old 05-20-2010, 07:33 PM   #15

the inside of that one had beautiful woodwork, a curved table dinette see their professional photos in these interior shots:
link:

http://www.spacecraftmfg.com/2...liner_columbia_w.htm

blizz