Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community

Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/)
-   Building Your Own (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f97/)
-   -   Grande Rojo upgrade (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f97/grande-rojo-upgrade-7191/)

Doc Weaver 09-19-2013 10:03 PM

Grande Rojo upgrade

4 Attachment(s)
well the family wanted to start traveling with me, so out with utilitarian and in with family truckster.

1, new rubber black and gray floor

2. new jack knife sofa

3. bigger refrigerator

4. moved wall back 30 inches to accommodate new futon, bunk, and closet.

5. cedar walls in the back room

6. TV and DVD in back room connected to house power antenna and cable.

shew I need a vacation now.

Doc Weaver 09-19-2013 10:05 PM

2 Attachment(s)
here are the rest of the pictures. why are these sideways and upsidown

bushpilot 09-19-2013 11:40 PM

doc -

despite your photographic skills ;) it looks GREAT !
given the fact that the family WANTS to travel w/ you now, it must be REALLY nice !

congrats ! enjoy !

Doc Weaver 09-22-2013 08:26 AM

Well there's good and bad to it. We are currently on the beach at Myrtle Beach. that's good. There are 5 of us in here ... not as good. lol. Its tight, but I can sleep 5 now and there is still room in the "toy room" for 4 bicycles, a toddler trailer, my motorcycle and a single tool box instead of the normal 5 tool boxes.

I think I like the foam rubber floor best. All the sand and so forth just brushes right out the door. The old carpet held all that sand and dirt. Trust me, when I removed the carpet, it was all there under there.

bydesign 10-03-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc Weaver (Post 41742)
Well there's good and bad to it. We are currently on the beach at Myrtle Beach. that's good. There are 5 of us in here ... not as good. lol. Its tight, but I can sleep 5 now and there is still room in the "toy room" for 4 bicycles, a toddler trailer, my motorcycle and a single tool box instead of the normal 5 tool boxes.

I think I like the foam rubber floor best. All the sand and so forth just brushes right out the door. The old carpet held all that sand and dirt. Trust me, when I removed the carpet, it was all there under there.

holy sardines... but family outings like that are great... I grew up (which is often debated) in a family of four kids and we camped in a pop up for years... including a huge shepard collie , a canoe, 6 bikes , four kids and a sunfish... camper behind a saburban...

tight heck yes... but what great adventures we had!

Doc Weaver 10-03-2013 10:34 AM

yeah but the combination of two "bored" teen girls and a 4yold boy antagonizing them made it smaller and smaller. lol

jbeech 03-02-2014 09:54 AM

Hi Doc,

Did you cut between cab and box? And if yes, what did you do with respect to sealing it? I wonder because this thought has been coming to the fore with the Moby project.