Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 08-13-2014, 01:58 PM   #1

Default Shower/Toilet Install in Houston area

Any of you out there know of anyone in the Houston area that would do a shower/toilet install in my conversion? I have had several people suggested and they seem interested when I speak with them but they do not call back with pricing.

I will begin the process soon myself but would rather have someone experienced do the work. I know I will have to install the plumbing with 45s due to my tandem axle location but this seems to be common in horse trailer conversions, some fifth wheels and some large class A motorhomes so not too much out of the ordinary.

I have also begun doing the pass through myself as time is growing very short and this rig will serve as my tailgate vehicle for the Texans games.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Texas88Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 04:15 PM   #2

well HELLO neighbor !

How much work are you looking for ? do you the black & gray tanks installed ? are you looking to have the plumbing installed ? is the floor in place ? I can help you set the toilet (its easy) I've had mine off more than once cleaning & upgrading.

how much of your truck is completed ? pictures ?

bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 06:59 AM   #3

I guess I should have elaborated more. I have nothing but a new floor at the moment. Everything will have to be installed. As of now I am only planning the fresh water tank, black water tank and toilet for lack of time. My plan for now is to buy a low profile toilet and mount it higher to allow more space for the 45 back to the black water tank located behind the rear axle.

Eventually I will add gray water tank and shower pan (shower and toilet together due to lack of space). I only have a 10.5 foot box.

I have begun the process of the stand up pass through. The previous owner had cut a small pass through but I now have my accordian seal and am prepared to begin cutting.

I will have to bring the piping out the rear of the box and down through the deck to reach the black water tank.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 08-14-2014, 07:19 AM   #4

I have not had much success loading pics so here goes.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 08-14-2014, 07:21 AM   #5

Seems to just be one at a time.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 08-14-2014, 09:37 AM   #6

yikes ! interesting issue.
how are you proposing to route the plumbing ? is there anyway to put the toilet upfront behind the driver or passenger seat to avoid elbows and get a straight DROP into the black tank ?

id be concerned about suspension travel that could contact or interfere with the plumbing or what could happen if a tire blows (and sends shrapnel flying) damaging the black tank or plumbing.

perhaps this is a good scenario for a composting or incinerating toilets (no plumbing or holding tank needed).
Old 08-14-2014, 09:56 AM   #7

yeah not an ideal situation. I would consider one of the other types of toilet but am not sure it would suffice when being heavily used for tailgating (a lot of alcohol flowing straight through). Any possibility for this type of heavy liquid use?
Old 08-14-2014, 10:00 AM   #8

In the first photo it illustrates the idea I have of raising the toilet to be able to have the piping exit the box and then drop down through the deck to the black water tank a foot or so behind the rear tire. I will then build a storage box over the exposed piping.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:10 AM   #9

ecojohn makes an incinerating toilet for "heavy use"

SR12 - 8-10 people full time; residential and smaller commercial applications - oil rigs, construction sites, camps, military, refugee camps, disaster relief, house boats etc

personally id be more concerned about the traffic in & outta the coach, and the size of the holding tank if you're gonna have that much uses.

Don't the Texans put up portable johnny-blues in the parking lot ?

my solution would be to limit who uses the head & id instruct EVERYONE to use the port-a-cans / johnny-blues in the parking lot unless it was a complete emergency.....i do that even with my coach (50 or 60 gal black tank) when were at the race tracks (dry camping).
Old 08-14-2014, 11:42 AM   #10

I had a 25 gallon black water tank in the old rv that we used for every game and it did not ever fill up except for 2 occasions when someone left the water running. The main reason I take the rv to the game is that I do not have to use the porta-cans. Also my wife and daughters go to the games as well and would probably not go if they had to use the port-cans.

I looked at the ecojohn site and they really take up a lot of space within the limited space that I have for shower and toilet. I have a maximum of 50"X 26" that I can use for both and I do want both.