Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community

Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/)
-   Building Your Own (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f97/)
-   -   FL70 Toy hauler conversion (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f97/fl70-toy-hauler-conversion-7488/)

linemen339 11-07-2015 10:58 AM

FL70 Toy hauler conversion

Been around here looking for a few months now. We just bought a 2000 FL70 to use as a Toy Hauler for our Rock Bouncer. Last owner already changed the title over to a motor home and started to refit the sleeper. I will be cutting the box down 14" to match the roofline of the sleeper. So I am looking on info as to where I can get a wet bath setup and RV cabinets.
Remember this is going to be an off-roading hauler not a show truck. lol
Some Pics

https://www.truckconversion.net/attac...a9e6ba9ca0.jpg

https://www.truckconversion.net/attac...4dcc3b8167.jpg

My Rock Bouncer
https://www.truckconversion.net/attac...5a8d43bf1b.jpg

samcrimm 11-07-2015 11:27 AM

Great start, the best might be just built your own cabinets and buy you bathroom at loews or home depot. that way it fits and it is full size which is great!
Sam

linemen339 11-07-2015 11:57 AM

Thanks Sam. I have been looking at Lowes and the depot. I just did not know if there was a place online to make it simple. As you know space is what we all want. lol We spend 90% of our time wheeling and hanging out with our friends outside. So the inside just needs to work.
This was our last setup.

https://www.truckconversion.net/attac...1d6c771b54.jpg

Bottomland4x4 11-07-2015 10:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nice setup! We mud race with a mega truck and ended up buying a renegade toter. I had looked at doing a camper on a gooseneck trailer, but found a deal in this renegade.

linemen339 11-08-2015 09:23 AM

Thanks!
We looked at a similar setup as yours also. I wanted to get the Bouncer out of the weather. Here in the northeast they salt the roads heavy in the winter and I wanted it protected when we go south for a trip during the winter. Also no one can see it. Do you have pics of the inside?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bottomland4x4 (Post 44613)
Nice setup! We mud race with a mega truck and ended up buying a renegade toter. I had looked at doing a camper on a gooseneck trailer, but found a deal in this renegade.

Bottomland4x4 11-08-2015 12:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a couple, it has the small slide and is a different setup than most. It has a jacknife sofa on one side and a pull out air bed in the sofa in the slide out.

Bottomland4x4 11-08-2015 12:13 PM

I have been looking at stacker trailers too, my only problem is my truck is 98 inches wide and most are 96 wide inside and then they have the fender wells. I really don't want to have to change the tires each time we load/unload.

Rock bouncers are pretty cool! Where all do you go? Tell me about your bouncer. There was a rock bouncer race course and a mega truck race close to me in Georgia a couple weeks ago, if the weather would have been better I would have went.

samcrimm 11-08-2015 01:48 PM

Dont forgot to use your tc for more than rock crawing. We use ours all the time for trips over night and parking lots are our friends. I have a lot of trailers for the toys and a toad. So I am ready for anything, or think I am.

Sam

linemen339 11-08-2015 01:51 PM

I like the layout of your truck!! My bouncer is 94 wide. Most swing door trailers are 96+ I did find one that was 100 wide but it was a custom door. We run from Tn to Maine to go wheeling. We like the south better then the north but I can do weekend trips up here.
My bounce is a Wide Open Design chassis built as a roller finished out by myself. I run a Dart Big M 540 BBC with a TH350 built by PTC and a Atlas T-case. I run Rockwell's 2.5 ton. It is a new build with 2 trips on it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bottomland4x4 (Post 44616)
I have been looking at stacker trailers too, my only problem is my truck is 98 inches wide and most are 96 wide inside and then they have the fender wells. I really don't want to have to change the tires each time we load/unload.

Rock bouncers are pretty cool! Where all do you go? Tell me about your bouncer. There was a rock bouncer race course and a mega truck race close to me in Georgia a couple weeks ago, if the weather would have been better I would have went.

Bottomland4x4 11-08-2015 09:48 PM

I saw the rockwells on your bouncer, I have been running rocks for about 12 years now. Mostly mud some trail riding. We like to go to Florida for the races and the big event mud bogs. We're going to Palatka to hogwaller over thanksgiving to ride side by sides and watch the mega series race put on by Dennis anderson. It's a good show and a good place to ride and get away from the cold here in nc.

I run a "hybrid" style rockwell axle in my truck now. It uses 2.5 ton housings , shafts, steering and uses a c103 Rockwell center chunk that goes in like a front loader axle. We run the ouverson axle shafts. The front load design lets me run a lot lower chassis height and saves about 120 lbs per axle.

I like the look of the wood inside your toter, are you going to keep the box on back? Will your bouncer fit inside? I was thinking of building a hybrid style trailer with about a 14 foot box on front and 26 feet open on the back for the truck. Tools and side bayside go into the box to lock up and truck on the open back part, just finding the time to build it is the problem! Lol!

Bob86ZZ4 11-14-2015 02:30 PM

Hey, get back to the truck topic, hahahahaah. I say leave the height alone. Why spend money to lose space?

linemen339 11-18-2015 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bottomland4x4 (Post 44623)
I saw the rockwells on your bouncer, I have been running rocks for about 12 years now. Mostly mud some trail riding. We like to go to Florida for the races and the big event mud bogs. We're going to Palatka to hogwaller over thanksgiving to ride side by sides and watch the mega series race put on by Dennis anderson. It's a good show and a good place to ride and get away from the cold here in nc.

I run a "hybrid" style rockwell axle in my truck now. It uses 2.5 ton housings , shafts, steering and uses a c103 Rockwell center chunk that goes in like a front loader axle. We run the ouverson axle shafts. The front load design lets me run a lot lower chassis height and saves about 120 lbs per axle.

I like the look of the wood inside your toter, are you going to keep the box on back? Will your bouncer fit inside? I was thinking of building a hybrid style trailer with about a 14 foot box on front and 26 feet open on the back for the truck. Tools and side bayside go into the box to lock up and truck on the open back part, just finding the time to build it is the problem! Lol!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob86ZZ4 (Post 44652)
Hey, get back to the truck topic, hahahahaah. I say leave the height alone. Why spend money to lose space?

Sorry for just getting back been a busy week. Saving weight on a Rockwell is sweet. I Google your setup and it looks like it can take a beating.
We are going to leave the box on the back of it. Cutting the box down is to make it fit in those smaller of road parks. Some motor homes have a hard time fitting into the parks.