Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 01-13-2008, 11:56 AM   #1

Is there any info on the construction process that details the the corner intersections? I've been digging around here for a few weeks now and I've got lots of ideas now. I've found a site that sells truck trailer body parts and I think I have an idea of how that works but it would be nice to find an exploded view of how those parts go together. I'm also interested in the rounded corner body's that I've seen but I cant find any info on how they work or where I can get parts for that. I'm guessing that the frame is formed and its just the sheeting wrapped but how are the corners done? Thanks in advance, Owen

dbunyip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 02:18 PM   #2

Owen,
If you are building it yourself, I'd recommend taking your profile (I assume you are writing about the vertical or horizontal radii) to a sheetmetal shop and having them custom form it for you. You can then wrap painted aluminum or stainless steel as an overlay. Hope this helps

TransportDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 09:17 PM   #3

Hey "dbunyip"

Avoid the rounded corner Horse Trailer looking molding found on conversions as recommend by companies using the wrap painted aluminum or stainless steel as an overlay.

Many conversion manufactures take the fast and easy way out of trimming the conversion they build. Can you say horse trailer or U-haul?

A sheetmetal shop can manufacture a shape that does not look like the projects created by builders taking the cheap and easy way out.

When looking for a rounded corner look at any company that does not create a horse trailer looking corner for your motorhome.

Thank You

Trucker IAM
The TruckerWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 02:49 AM   #4

Why?
TransportDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 07:23 PM   #5

Try these guys, they have the best stuff around.

http://www.yellowdogextrusion.com/

Rich
RBlack is offline   Reply With Quote