Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 03-03-2003, 04:15 PM   #1

I found a great website which carries all kinds of cool updates for your truck http://www.iowa80.com/

My dash was O.K. but I wanted to jazz it up a bit so I added some chrome.

Before

After

I added chrome bezels to all of the gages, chrome frames to all the lighted switch plates, polished aluminum extensions for all of the switches and new knobs. It really dressed it up and gave it a retro kind of look.

2003 28' Show Hauler Motorhome on a 1995 FL 120 www.showhauler.com

Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 06:02 PM   #2

Nice job on the dash, Warpath! Adds the touch of Class (watch out, Peterbilt word!) it needs.
Speaking of which, do you get any flack for not using a Peterbilt for your rig? I think the Freightliner is a good solid truck, but the P-bilt types would have one believe differently. Used, clean, low mileage Freightliners are almost an epidemic around here, and not too badly priced to boot. Besides, they have a real clean, tidy look that I like. Do you have any gripes about your truck any of us should know about? Sorry for being long-winded!

Gary Atsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 06:48 PM   #3

Gary -

I dont have even one gripe. I love this truck. I think a lot of it has to with the M11, it is a great low RPM motor. My truck is real solid (not sure what all the shakeliner is about) but I also liked the clean look of the FLD.

Bill

2003 28' Show Hauler Motorhome on a 1995 FL 120 www.showhauler.com
Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 08:44 PM   #4

Hey Bill-
Coincidentally, a lot of the FLD112's available around here have the M11 Cummins, usually rated @370HP & hooked to a 9 or 10 speed. I think the "shakeliner" moniker derives from Freightliners built up to the mid-80's. You never knew if the doors were really closed all the way! After Daimler-Benz bought FL out the quality improved in quantum leaps.
Anyway, thanks for the good words on Freightliners!
Gary Atsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 04:00 PM   #5

it's just like the old White 9000 trucks we called them "widowmakers"....they had NO air ride anything and the vibration/noise/ride would almost kill you by the end of the day....I wont miss those trucks at all.....geof
geof is offline   Reply With Quote