Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 04-07-2004, 05:13 PM   #1

I am looking for a source for a couple of very comfortable cab seats with all the bells and whistles, ie recline, swivel if possible, etc. My truck was a day cab in it's short first life and they were not generally spec'd with nice seats. Any web sites or truck suppliers that might have a selection? Thanks

WORKNFUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 06:25 PM   #2

How much you looking to pay?

www.iowa80.com has their top of the line for $1800 ea. or the lower model for $800 ea. These are both big seats and may need more than a day cab to fit.

Don't think I have seen a swivel air chair, but wouldn't doubt it is not out there somewhere.

I have 2 brand new Bostrom Talledaga 915's. Air, manual lumbar, recline, seat tilt, glide & lock out.

Asking $250 ea.

These where going to go in the sleeper for the kids until the that got axed do to length. I have the twins to these in my cab now, although we covered them in leather to match the rest of the interior.

I like these seats, because they are firm and have done 12 plus hour days in comfort. But I will say these are nothing like a thousand dollar seat.

Bill

Old 04-07-2004, 09:48 PM   #3

tHANKS for the quick answer regarding the seats. My day cab is a Volvo so there is quite a bit of room to fit a large seat. I was actually thinking of something like in the high end diesel pushers as a possibility also. The passenger seat was the one I was hoping to find to swivel in order to use to turn and visit with folks in the MH.
WORKNFUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 09:34 AM   #4

You might check out the newest master catalog from Camping World. They have the seats your speaking of. I didn't think the prices were that bad either.

Hope this helps.

Mark
stim8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 06:32 AM   #5

<hi-jack> Anyone know how I can make my new seats spin around? It would be nice when friends are over to have 2 extra seats facing the rear.
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 04:34 AM   #6

National Seating Company in Tennesse make some beautiful Air Ride seats with a glider attachment. I put two new ones in my T300.
Cost was $365.00 per seat from my local KW Dealer in Michigan. One thing that is neat about aftermarket airride seats is that the mounting base has different series of hole combinations to fit just about any floor plate.

pbarr is offline   Reply With Quote