Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community

Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/)
-   Building Your Own (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f97/)
-   -   Any Showhaulers out West? (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f97/any-showhaulers-out-west-5086/)

Phil 01-26-2004 11:24 PM

I am getting very close to buying a new 30' Showhauler. I have not seen one and would like to see and touch one before I travel east. Does anybody know of a late model Showhauler Motorhome in or near CA I can go look at?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

madbrit 01-26-2004 11:47 PM

Phil,

You could call Showhauler and ask them if they have a customer in your area that you could visit with. Failing that, you could take a trip to Pomona Fairgrounds for the NHRA Winternationals in a few weeks and there maybe a few in the pits you could inspect, no guarantees of Showhaulers but there could also be other brands to view too.

Peter.

WERA 01-27-2004 08:26 AM

Mine will be at California Speedway on March 13-15.

It's slightly different from the new ones but you'll get the feel of how nice Showhauler builds them.

Sean P. Clarke
WERA Motorcycle Roadracing

Doug 01-27-2004 01:30 PM

Sean, are you going to be up north at all while that far west? I live just off of I90 in Washington State.

Phil 01-27-2004 04:41 PM

I read on one of these posts that the Showhauler has verticle seams on the exterior. I can't really make them out on any pictures I have seen. Do the seams detract from the appearance?

Thanks again guys....

Warpath 01-28-2004 07:56 AM

Phil -

I think you answered your own question when you say you cannot make them out in a picture, but I also had the same concern initially until I saw one in person.

You wont even notice it.

Bill

2003 28' Show Hauler Motorhome on a 1995 FLD 120 www.showhauler.com

Patrick 01-28-2004 07:56 AM

Phil, the seam is a overlap of the aluminum. It looks by far better than rivets or lumpy FRP. You said yourself you can't see it!

WERA 01-28-2004 08:50 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doug:
Sean, are you going to be up north at all while that far west? I live just off of I90 in Washington State.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry but no. Depending on the weather I'll either be running across I-40 or I-10 out and back.

Sean P. Clarke

madbrit 01-28-2004 11:07 AM

Sean,

If you are coming through Kingman give me a call or email and maybe we can meetfor a coffee. If you want to park up, I am about 8 miles off the I-40 with plenty of room for rigs and trailers, or I can drive and meet you there. I would love to see your rig and grab ideas for mine.

Peter.

WERA 01-28-2004 03:15 PM

Sounds great! I'll be in touch as it gets closer and get a number. I'm not going to have any definite stops planned, I usually just run til I need to sleep and then pull over, get up and do it again the next day. Odds are good though that I'll hit the Flying J in Kingman to fuel up and avoid doing so in Kalifornia.

If nothing else the same rig will be in Vegas later this summer either with me or with the guys running our West Coast stuff, they're interested in buying it (which would then put me into a quick build on another chassis mid race season...yippee https://www.truckhome.com/infopop/emo...icon_smile.gif )

Sean P. Clarke

WORKNFUN 01-29-2004 05:38 PM

Phil, I have my truck at SHOWHAULER at this time and it is due out near the end of Feb. We are doing a bit of sightseeing on the way back to central ca. and should be returning about the 7th of March. You are welcome to stop by and see a brand new one with a bit of an unusual floorplan.

Phil 01-30-2004 09:45 AM

Thanks to all for your replys. I bought a new 30' twin screw Showhauler from Nathan Beck! Never owned a motor home, never been inside a truck conversion. Crazy, huh?

Phil

Warpath 01-30-2004 10:12 AM

Congradulations!!! https://irv2.infopop.cc/images/party.gif

Send pictures!

Bill

DrFun 01-30-2004 05:31 PM

I'm guessing that Becks Marine doesn't have too many 30', twin screw, Showhauler motorhomes in stock. So, there's a good chance that this is Phil's new rig: 30' Showhauler - Becks

Congrats, Phil! Please post your initial impressions after you take delivery and can stop smiling long enough to type.

Regards,
Alan

Phil 01-30-2004 10:36 PM

That's the one. I will post my impressions once I pick it up which will be at least a couple of weeks.

Phil

Warpath 01-31-2004 07:11 AM

Now that is the way to start out, right at the top.

Now don't go abandoning this site, just because you have your conversion. We have over 5,000 !!! lurkers in the forums each month all trying to make the decision of whether or not to go to a conversion, what mfg'er, what options, ect.. And information you new and old owners provide about your experiences down the road are invaluable to all of these visitors that have not yet got to the point of posting questions.

Keep the info flowing.

Bill

[This message was edited by warpath on January 31, 2004 at 10:26 AM.]

RICHARD PHELPS 01-31-2004 03:30 PM

Phil:
Thats a good looking Motorhome you just got and it looks sooooo much less butt heavy with the tandem, good choice, this will realy improve your braking power, handling and traction when you need it.
When i started on mine all i got was, "we don't like tandems, we don't do tandems", i like what i see these days.

PHELPS