Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 01-09-2009, 07:57 AM   #1

I am building my own conversion, and the topic of cold weather, heating and condensation came up in another thread or post. I'd like to explore that topic a little.

Since I live in North Dakota, and the unit will see some pretty cool temps in the early spring late fall (Hunting season) I am planning to insulate the unit as tight as possible.

One thing I just hate about our current RV is that when you wake up in the morning their is condensation on all the windows, I'm sure it has to do with them being single pane but how much of it is stale humid air?

My house is also very tight we use an air exchanger to keep the humidity down during the winter. It works very well, as soon as you start building static petting the cat, or touching a light switch, we just bump the air exchanger humidity level up a bit the next night no more static.

Does anyone make a compact air exchange for RV use? My converison will be around 160 sq ft (8x20)and I really don't need or have room for a unit sized for a 1000-2000 sqft house.

Thanks
blizz

Old 01-09-2009, 08:57 PM   #2

.....Look up BAL they are making them for the RV industry.....if the Katrina trailers had them there would have been no problems with the Formaldehyde or odors.......geofkaye

geofkaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 09:38 AM   #3

thanks Geof, but when I Google BAL the only BAL I find under RV is a company that appearers to be a steel fab manufacture, not HVAC ?

Do you have a link by chance?
-blizz