Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 11-24-2021, 11:24 AM   #1

Question Adding air suspension to the living quarters

Has anyone added air bags to the living quarters (box) on a toterhome or do you just rely on the air ride system on the tractor? I am building a toterhome on a 2008 freightliner m2 and plan to use a 15 foot dry van body. I would like to add additional air ride for the passengers in the living area. Is this foolish? Is there a kit that one can buy or is it a fabrication job? Is it necessary to even go about this part or should it just be mounted to the frame and quit over thinking it?

guydrevlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 07:00 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by guydrevlow View Post
Has anyone added air bags to the living quarters (box) on a toterhome or do you just rely on the air ride system on the tractor? I am building a toterhome on a 2008 freightliner m2 and plan to use a 15 foot dry van body. I would like to add additional air ride for the passengers in the living area. Is this foolish? Is there a kit that one can buy or is it a fabrication job? Is it necessary to even go about this part or should it just be mounted to the frame and quit over thinking it?
Mount to frame as the weight is gonna be to high unless you add multiple bags. It also going to be hard to keep it centered etc just by shear size of the box (dont think a lateral bar will do the job). Most toters (correct me if im wrong) are solid mounted including the cab and just rely on air suspension seats.
6cuda6 is offline   Reply With Quote