Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 10-27-2010, 05:06 PM   #1

can someone tell me if it is possible to add a bunk over the cab of a condo sleeper? I know that there are some kits to convert them to day cabs, but they are like $2000 and you will end up cutting most of the back out. There are some resonable deals on used trucks with large sleepers, but I really need a bunk over the cab. I have not seen much of a selection for cab and chassis for sale. Does anyone have any ideas or pics?

Thanks

turnecm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:37 PM   #2

Don't most condo sleepers have a bunk up high in the cab? I guess I'm mixed up. Look at the pictures of this one: http://www.balinfamily.com/for_sale

Scroll down and there are a couple pictures showing a bunk up high in the sleeper area of the cab. Is that what you mean?

Old 10-28-2010, 05:05 AM   #3

This is the look that I am going for. I need room above the cab for a full size bed not a single bunk. truck conversion
Old 10-28-2010, 01:51 PM   #4

Look at this one:

http://www.trucksleeper.com/Gallery_Comfort_Coach.htm

If it is close to what you want then try talking to the manufacturer.
Dogtales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 02:46 PM   #6

Those pictures are of a day cab. I think it sounds like you're wondering if you bought a tractor with a sleeper cab could you build a truck conversion out of it and put a large bed above the cab of the truck? If it's a low or mid rise sleeper cab I would think you could build the conversion with an overhang above that and put a bed up there. If it's a tall sleeper then you wouldn't be able to because it would be too high I think. Basically all of the bed overhangs I've seen have no contact with the cab portion of the truck. They're frame is a part of the conversion frame. Am I understanding the original question right now?
Old 10-28-2010, 03:22 PM   #7

That is exactly what I was trying to ask. I had it in my head, but I was not able to type it. I was just curious of a cheap way to convert a tall sleeper into a day cab.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:57 PM   #8

that is what i am going to do give me a call and i can tell u how to do it 2407935740

fastavenger is offline   Reply With Quote