Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community

Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/)
-   Manufacturer Discussion (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f96/)
-   -   For you 'do it yourselfers' Hawk Engineering builds shells on your truck. (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f96/you-do-yourselfers-hawk-engineering-builds-shells-your-truck-4216/)

HawkEng 10-29-2009 07:53 PM

Just t let you guys and gals know that we build custom shells for the ones that would like to finish out the interior. I know it is getting hard to find companies that will do it anymore. Anyone interested take a look at our website. www.hawkengineering.com

Bob86ZZ4 10-30-2009 01:02 PM

That's a good idea. I sure love the looks of that truck you have for sale right now too. Wow, that one looks nice.

Doc Weaver 10-30-2009 04:42 PM

I checked out your link. I didn't know you were in Jackson. Believe it or not, I've been through there a few times. Next time, I'm dropping in.

Doc Weaver

HawkEng 11-10-2009 03:35 AM

Thanks for the compliments. We are actually in Fruitland north of Cape Girardeau about 10 miles.

HawkEng 11-10-2009 03:43 AM

We are just finishing a new 45' coach with a drop deck garage for a customer. I will be putting up the pictures on my website around Thanksgiving. Then, by the first of the year I will post pictures of a 50' coach with 3 slides. I will keep you posted.

blizzardND 09-20-2010 06:16 AM

more spam, I clicked on the report icon, but I don't have "permission"
-blizz

Radman 09-20-2010 06:32 AM

On the other hand it is a great "BUMP" for Hawk Engineering.

I spoke to Jason over the weekend and he is actively looking for opportunities to build shells or complete trucks. Things are slow and I bet he will make you a heck of a deal. So if you don’t want to buy and live in “someone else’s version” of a custom truck, this is a great time to build your own.

I visited about 3 times a month during the build of our truck and I can say from experience that Hawk runs a first class operation and does high-quality work to say the least.

Please pardon the shameless promotion.

Rad

Bob86ZZ4 09-20-2010 07:12 AM

That looks like a pretty good deal to re-finance my prom dress.

Gary Atsma 09-21-2010 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by blizzardND:
more spam, I clicked on the report icon, but I don't have "permission"
-blizz
I guess I don't either. How does one acquire the right to report spam, anyway?

Gary Atsma 09-21-2010 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Radman:
Please pardon the shameless promotion.
Rad
At least it concerns the subject at hand...
(as opposed to "Hochfart samele's" post....)

Radman 09-21-2010 02:29 PM

At least it concerns the subject at hand...
(as opposed to "Hochfart samele's" post....)[/quote]

At least somebody got it https://www.truckhome.com/infopop/emo.../icon_razz.gif

Rad

HawkEng 02-13-2011 07:06 AM

I thought I would drop in and say we are still around. Been slow last year. Hoping for it to be better in 2011!

Bob86ZZ4 02-13-2011 04:24 PM

I'm very glad you're still here! I feel bad for the companies that have closed up. United Specialties, the maker of mine, is apparently shut down. I went to the Mpls. RV show today. There were huge crowds there. We've had record snow and cold here in MN so I think it's getting people to want to get out this summer. Only one truck conversion in the whole place. A Renegade Ikon, mid $500k list, from Eldorado Trailer Sales. I suggested to the salesman that maybe he could consider bringing a entry level t/c next time to give people the idea that it is possible for normal people to get into a t/c. He seemed to be paying attention.

ed s 02-14-2011 05:15 PM

Bob,
So Abby wasn"t there?????

Bob86ZZ4 02-14-2011 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ed s (Post 36529)
Bob,
So Abby wasn"t there?????

Nooooooooo!!! The only reason I went actually. I didn't really want to tell her dad he shoulda sent her either. He's bigger than me. Hahahahahahaah.

HawkEng 02-19-2011 07:27 PM

I heard US went out.

We can build a coach compariable to the ICON for 100 grand less. I hear Renegade and Showhauler are back to building a few coaches now. Hopefully this is something to look forward to in this economy!

dcmoves 06-25-2011 07:14 PM

Hi Lookin to install curbside doors on a box trk anyone know where to get the doors and how to install i have old auto body experience so im thinkin of doin it myself thanks

AZLugz 08-08-2011 01:59 PM

Was just putzin around your website looking at the builds....Beautiful work so a shamless bump!!

wvhooker 09-02-2011 07:15 AM

Newbie here. Just have a question for the guys at Hawk. I purchased a unit with a garage in the rear. Long story short, a car caught fire inside and pretty much cooked it. The truck is fine and everything below the floor is fine. It didnt even melt the vinyl floor tile. Here is my question. I would like to remove the garage, shorten the unit to a 26' living quarters and add a slide out. Unfinished inside. All of the plumbing is still good from the floor down. The only damage the truck sustained was heat. The headliner(nylon) melted but the tweed door panels and the dash still look new. The framework is fine but all the skin has been removed as well as the windows. Looks like most of the hard fab work is still fine. Interested in the job? And can you give me just a ballpark of how much? Thanks