Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community

Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/)
-   Manufacturer Discussion (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f96/)
-   -   Volvo chassis feedback (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f96/volvo-chassis-feedback-7691/)

Bottomland4x4 05-09-2017 07:10 PM

Volvo chassis feedback

I am looking at a 2007 renegade with the volvo 475hp and I shift trans. I had an 04 Columbia with the 450mercedes and I was wondering if anyone had driven both? I have heard the volvo cab is quieter and maybe nicer, but was looking for personal experiences any truck conversions owners have had.

Bob86ZZ4 05-09-2017 08:29 PM

Ed S I believe has a Volvo chassis T/C, and I think he's on his second one. I don't know if he had a Freightliner before these. I'll try to message him to get him in here. He has been very quiet around here lately.

ed s 05-12-2017 05:47 AM

Bottomland, Bob is correct. I am on my second t/c with a Volvo chassis. I cannot give you any information regarding the Freightliner since I have never driven one. One of the things I didn't like about the Freightliner was the split windshield, I think the Volvo cab is a bit larger with less gauges and more computer read outs. Cab noise, I can't say either is louder than another for the very reason I have not been in a Freightliner but I feel the noise level in the two Volvos allows me to talk to the wife at a rather normal voice level.
I think the Volvo takes longer to get up to speed over the Freightliners because of it runs thru the gears but that may just be me pampering my t/c.
With that said. I like what I have, plenty of power, nice ride and everything Volvo..

Bottomland4x4 05-12-2017 09:51 PM

Thanks for the info, I think the volvo has already sold. But I found a nice Columbia that I am buying. I watched a lot of videos on the volvo and they all seemed to be really quiet. Maybe my next one will be a volvo! Lol!

rjdhomes 08-07-2017 08:12 AM

I have driven many of both makes

I prefer the Volvo, especially over the Freightliner with the Ultrashift trans

Freightliner with Freedom or Ultrashift Plus are almost as good as Volvo

Volvo with I-Shift is the smoothest shifting, smartest trans out there.

ed s 08-21-2017 05:56 PM

2018 Renegade??? man, maybe I need a new one...lol

ed s 08-21-2017 05:58 PM

guess I have to update my pic and new rig

Bob86ZZ4 08-21-2017 08:50 PM

Hey Ed, long time no hear from you. You coming to MN for the dog show this weekend? Lake Elmo I think?

ed s 08-28-2017 07:58 PM

Bob,
Yes I arrived on Wed afternoon and left Sunday. I should have let you know..would have been great to see you again. Was a fun weekend even with the rain.
Ed

ed s 08-28-2017 08:00 PM

Sorry Bob, I am not on this site very much.

Bob86ZZ4 08-29-2017 09:36 AM

Aw darn, I would have loved to check out your new truck too. Let me know if you get back to the cities. You know we have a Facebook group too, in case you're on there look us up. "Truck Conversion Motorhomes"

ed s 08-29-2017 07:21 PM

Hey Bob,
Thinking we will not be back to MN this year. Heading to Rhode Island next week and the rest of the year seems to be south rather than west. I am not a big Facebook guy right now but could change in the future. You take care and thank you for you service.

ed s 08-29-2017 07:23 PM

Been so long since I have been here I still have my old rig picture. lol