Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community

Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/)
-   Manufacturer Discussion (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f96/)
-   -   United specialties inc (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f96/united-specialties-inc-7281/)

Rockcrawlin 05-06-2014 09:28 PM

United specialties inc

I am now a proud owner of a 2001
TSMH26SE-MPV
26' box motorhome.
Just wondering how many of these
Models were built and if anyone has
Documentation on these motorhomes.
See pic, This is what I got as far as info
on united specialities.......
Thank you in advance
Phil.

Rockcrawlin 05-06-2014 09:34 PM

Sorry my iPhone won't post a pic
on this Site. What I have is a black
Binder, 5 year warranty paper, and
What looks like a hand out for a
Newer toterhome......2002 or 3
Has square headlights. And that's it!

Bob86ZZ4 05-17-2014 10:26 PM

I sent Phil a big long (actually two since they limit the characters on private messages) reply about some of the things I did to mine. Looks like you must have a rig pretty close to mine. Mine is called a "Trendsetter." Guessing that's what the TS in your model stands for? I wonder if anybody knows somebody that worked for United before they closed the doors? He/she might be able to give us some more info on these rigs.

Rockcrawlin 05-21-2014 10:21 PM

Possible source?

I just came across a site by the name of tom's custom coach and trailers.
Looks pretty interesting. Has anyone heard of them? There web site is
Tomsracetrailers.net
Phil

superbird03 05-22-2014 06:35 AM

I saw Tom's custom coach advertise on racing junk. They were advertising 16' toter boxes built on your truck for $40k, complete with AC, fridge, toilet, shower diesel gen. I called and talked with him a bit as I wanted to have him possibly do mine. Sounded like a good guy but after several phone calls and e-mails to him with floor plans I never received e-mails or call back. I had to keep calling and e-mailing. Didn't seem to want to build one for me or wasn't hurting for work!

Steve

Rockcrawlin 05-22-2014 06:56 AM

Thanks Steve, that's to bad that things
didn't work out. I hope to talk to him today.

Bob86ZZ4 06-01-2014 11:14 AM

Hey Phil, I don't know if I mentioned it in my private message but I thought I should add it here. If you have those 2" clearance lights that fit into a black rubber grommet, get rid of them. United used them in my coach. I noticed the paint bubbling on the aluminum sheet under the cab overhang. I asked them about it (they were still in business at that time) and they told me those clearance lights allow water into the walls. Turns out water was pooling on top of that bottom panel and percolating down through it. They said when they figured out they were a problem they switched to a surface mount type light. Too late for me, and you too since yours was built slightly before mine.

Here's the original light:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-B...o/SDC10090.JPG

Bob86ZZ4 06-01-2014 11:19 AM

So here's the light I put in:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-_...o/SDC10093.JPG

These lights are sealed into that gray plastic surround. I had to use a small die grinder to slightly enlarge the hole where I pulled out the rubber grommets. Then I used silicone sealant, make sure you use marine type that's good for moisture all the time, and ran a small bead around the opening and pushed the lights in. The other nice thing about these lights is that they're l.e.d. Looks better, lasts longer, and uses less juice.

Bob86ZZ4 06-01-2014 11:24 AM

I thought I had a picture of the bag these lights came in showing the model/part number. Can't find it. They're "Truk Lite" (spelling?) brand. Might be able to find them on their web site. I'll go look.

Bob86ZZ4 06-01-2014 11:29 AM

I think these might be them:

Truck-Lite - Catalog Product : Model 30 Flange Products 2'' Sealed

Rockcrawlin 06-01-2014 10:59 PM

Thanks for the pics and the info,
nice rig!
My motorhome came with more of
A standard clearance light, it's a non
Sealed unit the takes 2 bulbs with
A rectangle cover the pops on. These
Are the slightly nicer ones as they
Have a chrome protector over the
Lens. They used these front back and
Sides. I noticed you installed a oven,
How do you like it? Do you have a spec
Sheet on you motorhome. If I could
Get a copy of anything you have I
Would Gladly cover the exspenses.
Thanks again
Phil

Rockcrawlin 06-01-2014 11:01 PM

Oh I forgot to ask, does yours have
2 grey tanks, 1 black, and 1 clean water
Storage?
Thanks
Phil

Bob86ZZ4 06-02-2014 08:23 AM

Sounds like you're good with the clearance lights then.

I do have the original order sheet for mine. I'll see if I can find it and post it here. They blocked out the prices when they gave it to me, darn.

Mine has two 100 gallon fresh water tanks under the bed. A 75 gallon gray and I think 37 gallon black. Both of those tanks are mounted mid-ships left side. Mine had the Thetford toilet with the electric automatic flush thing. Just push the flush button and it does the whole thing electrically opening the valve and all. It wasn't always working well. Sometimes the flush valve would stay open. I'd have to fiddle with the buttons. I recently put in a Thetford with a foot pedal manual flush, no electric. Much happier with this one. Still porcelain bowl so seems pretty solid.