Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community

Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/)
-   MDT Discussions (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f95/)
-   -   255/70R-22.5 with a 6 lug pattern (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f95/255-70r-22-5-6-lug-pattern-4155/)

Chan Simson 08-06-2009 01:28 PM

I know others have tried to find rims to mount 255/70R-22.5 tires on a 6 lug hub. Anyone have any luck finding wheels?

Dodger 12-12-2009 05:00 PM

I have those very wheels on my truck! I have a 94 International 4700 with 22.5 6 lug rims. I would prefer to have 19.5's, so if you know anyone who wants to trade let me know!

geofkaye 12-17-2009 04:17 PM

...I know where there a lot of military 6 bolt rims and wheels....HAVE A FEW HUNDRED-FROM BRAND NEW TO SHREDDED...geofkaye and the Rivercity Girlz

Dodger 12-18-2009 02:40 AM

Where might that be? I guess I need to contact them!

geofkaye 12-21-2009 01:49 PM

......YOU ARE TYPING AT THEM......geofkaye and the Rivercity Group....

Dodger 12-29-2009 03:11 PM

Great! What would a set (6) of 19.5's cost me?
Thanks and Happy Holidays!

geofkaye 12-29-2009 03:57 PM

.....Military rims are all 20 inch and it isn't too hard to find tires....call me when you get home and I'll swing by with 6 or 7...I only have ND tires in stock and maybe a few regular treads...but they are out there and available-just something I never think about as I sell most to contractors and framers..military on highways are interesting unless you sipe them....most of the civilian tires are shot when I get them-but i'lll look around....I'm just out side of Ft Knox so a day trip is in order when you gt ready.....geofkaye and the Rivercity Girlz....

Dodger 12-29-2009 04:07 PM

Thanks again Geofkaye! It is people like you who make it possible for people like me to do projects like this. Happy Holidays

Turbo 06-19-2011 07:18 PM

I know I am bring life to an old thread but a google search brought me to this. I have a Dodge Ram I did a rear end swap on to a Dana 70HD with 19.5" 6 lug DWR Wheels. It has Bendix Disk Brakes. I have been able to narrow it down but still not completely sure what this rear end came out of. It has a manufacturing date of 6-14-87 and the 8R tires where dated 1991 so I know its been sitting around for a while now. I have had it on the truck for about 10 months. I have been able to track down parts such as a locking diff, brake pads, calipers, and rebuild kits. I believe I have even been able to find Chrome and Polished center caps and simulators. I had the wheels powder coated black and going with chrome centers and lug caps.

No mater how much I have been able to find for this rear end, I would love to know what it came out of. I had to obviously do modifications to make it work in the Dodge, like spring perches and shock mounts, but it went in without too much trouble. It is pretty narrow and does rub the inner fenders but, I plan on tubing the bed some so I can run wider tires.

My biggest question is, any idea what this rear end came from? Also, any idea if there are any Alloy or Aluminum wheels available out there? I would love to reduce the rotating weight for fuel mileage benefits. Any information you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Justin