Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community > HDT / MDT RV Haulers > Larry Zeigler
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 01-15-2004, 09:54 AM   #1

Larry, I'm very impressed with all of your Volvo conversions, one of which I hope to own someday, and I'm not sure Oklahoma is going to be as easy as you may think to register a Class 8 or 7 truck as a motor home. It seems I must complete a form concerning a "body-change" that requires the Manufacturers Certificate of Origin (MCO) as part of the title info. as well as photos of before and after vehicle conversion.
God Bless You, your Volvo's are beautiful, but I don't see an Oklahoma Tag Agent noticing any difference in the before and after pictures to qualify the After being a "motor home".
Please Help Ol Dman work his way around this registeration issue as I too had an accident at age five that resulted in vision loss in one eye and I could not pass the DOT vision exam for a commercial license.

Thank You, Onezman for your help in advance.

Dman from Oklahoma.

DanTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 06:57 PM   #2

Dman,

Im not sure how you can obtain a MCO, but you can take pictures when you buy the truck with the roof faring and tandems in place. Then take the "after" pictures. Good luck

onezman

http://onezman.tripod.com/yourrvhaulercom

onezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 07:51 PM   #3

Larry,

Thanks for your reply and "before" and "after" pictures just might be enough of a difference to sway those OKIE Tag Ladies to see that the conversion truely is enough to qualify as a "motorhome".

On another note, I read one of your posts that you acquired tags and registrations for both your truck and trailer in Oregon. I thought in most states that you had to live "in State" for an certain number of days to qualify as a resident and show some sort of in state address on your driver's license or something. How did you accomplish an Oregon reg. and tag when you live in Merriam, KS.? I hope I'm not being too nosey, but my curiousity was sure arroused, and if you could obtain out of state regs.and tags, perhaps I might also to bypass these strict OKIE Tag Ladies.

Thanks again, Larry, as your posts have educated me far beyond my expectations and have resulted in my druelings over Class 6 Sports Chassis' to end and switch to Volvo 610
DanTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 11:15 AM   #4

Dman,

Everyone has to register in some State. If you are a full timer, you can register in any State. I have been licensed and registered in Oregon for about 10 years.

Oregon supplies two year plates. As an RVer, one can come and go, stay in any State as long as they choose. Don't change license and registration just because you may be in another State for 6 months or more.

We are in Yuma AZ now, we've been back to Portland OR, stayed a couple of months in Vegas. Well be back in KC in the Spring.
I should have changed my addrss to: "on the road".

onezman

Old 01-18-2004, 12:39 PM   #5

I'm interested in registering an RV in Oregon as you have done, onezman. Could you share some details on the process... what do you do for an Oregon address? do they require that you hold an Oregon drivers license? any other hints or tricks? Thanks!

Regards,
Alan
DrFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 08:43 PM   #6

Durfun,

I registered from an RV park. All you need is a rent receipt and something mailed to you at that address, library card, or phone bill, etc. You don't have to own property there. Think of all the people renting apartments.

You can get a drivers license, and register your vehicles at the same time. Good luck.

onezman

Old 05-01-2005, 10:34 PM   #7

If you have trouble registering as a motorhome in Oklahoma simply register it as a private vehicle. The tag is identical, Oklhoma no longer has a motorhome tag, and the personal tag will prevent you from having to have a CDL. Your vehicle is treated exactly like a pickup truck. The "private vehicle" tag means you are not commercial and not farm tagged. You can not pull a commercial trailer but can pull any non commercial trailer or boat just as any other 'pickup". Gene

gben(Gene) is offline   Reply With Quote