Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community

Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/)
-   Aftermarket (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f84/)
-   -   Up coming projects (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f84/up-coming-projects-4875/)

Warpath 01-28-2006 04:26 AM

I will have some photos and a right up on the following upgrades I am making to the rig.

I am having the plastic air intake on the hood of my M2 chromed. It was gray (god only know why) and did not match anything else Freightliner put on the cab.

Flat panel tv in the outside storage bay.

Updating the holding tank monitoring system.

Adding 3 additional air bladders to my captains chair for more driving comfort.

Installation of Gamin's latest GPS with 7" monitor.

Macerator pump system for dumping holding tanks

Energy management system to keep from blowing electronics when hooked up to poor power.

And I am sure there will be a few others along the way.

Stay tuned.

KAYE RIVERCITY 01-28-2006 10:23 PM

......send some pix....some of these things-I haven't seen on any rigs but may be of interest to others and you never know who wants what where these days....TV in the bathroom?....geofkaye

WalliK 01-29-2006 10:19 AM

Yea, definately sounds you are using your rig more as an "RV" than as "truck"-conversion.

Showhauler should check with you and other RVers and offer some of these items as option if they really want to get in the RV sector of the market, as the racing sector seems to dry up.

Gary Atsma 01-29-2006 11:22 AM

Quote:

Energy management system to keep from blowing electronics when hooked up to poor power.
All the other ideas are good, but I would say this one is by far the BEST, as the others would depend on a reliable energy source.
Just my .02, as usual...
Gary

KAYE RIVERCITY 01-29-2006 07:28 PM

......electricity I understand....Electronics I don't.....but I'd sure as hell like to!.....I've noticed in stores that the computer cash registers have their own power source and all the scanners are wired the same......they all have a special orange plug.....hospitals have a blue or red or yellow plug and receptical....so there must be a powersupply to each system that operates within a certain specification and can't vary by much- if at all......something to learn here?......geofkaye

GypsyProgrammer 02-02-2006 05:32 PM

Orange plug means isolated circuit. It's not so much that they have special power requirements, it's that you don't want feedback from other systems. You don't want the guy polishing the floor sending feedback to your heart monitor. Same with the orange computer plugs. Motors sends spike when they start/stop. And for computers, low voltage (brownout) is as deadly as high voltage (spike). Computer switching power supplies are fairly happen anywhere between 100 and 130 volts.

For an RV, the simplest way to protect electronics is with a quality UPS. You can buy power conditioning equipment, but UPSs are readily available and will suffice for most. Particularly if you have the capability isolate your electronic's circuits.

If you're one of those people who have installed large banks of batteries for off grid time, you can redesign your system to be pretty resistant to bad power. Run your internal systems from an invertor and use shore power to charge the batteries.

-lee

KAYE RIVERCITY 02-03-2006 01:58 AM

....I learned something today1....and I'm 61!. So you can teach old dogs........thankyou, lee.....geofkaye

vapoppa 02-03-2006 05:01 AM

when we built our coach we spe'ced a prosine 2500 inverter for the tv components and the receptciles that we use for our laptop. i didn't think of that, but a friend at ken robertson rv in lakeland fl. helped with the electrics and so far that has been trouble free. --- oh, geof, i didn't realize i was so much older than you!----mase