Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 12-09-2017, 06:04 AM   #1

Default GPS locator, Theft, Alarm system

Does anyone have first hand experience with a device that would allow you to be alerted to movement of your truck via text, and then allow GPS tracking of the vehicle?

I have to imagine that some of the people in here store their trucks away from home, and would want to know immediately if it were being moved, i.e. stolen.

Optimally there would not be a monthly fee, even if it was costly up front. I'm loosely aware that boats often have this feature, but my first foray into searching showed the devices to be pretty pricey.

xyobgyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 07:33 AM   #2

sounds like lo-jack....cant imagine tracking without a subscription / fee.

Depending on where you are - you could install a "ring" type camera that would alert you to the presence of humans at your storage location.

Mine is stored in a locked individual storage bay - so i could (if i had wireless access) install a camera in my storage bay or inside the coach to alert me to movement in my storage unit.

bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 12:43 PM   #3

Default Lo-jack

Thanks,

Using that term in search engines for similar devices did yield some interesting alternatives.

Still wondering if anyone has installed these onto their rigs. I found some interesting links to people with valuable track cars using items, but they have huge budgets and don't shrug at XXX per month to protect their $$$$$ cars. Boats too often, may have better luck in marine world. So easy to steal those by "towing" them away I gather.
xyobgyn is offline   Reply With Quote