Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 07-13-2014, 04:00 PM   #1

Default Ready for summer vacation

Just thought I would share a pic of our unit loaded up, polished and washed, getting ready for our upcoming trip.
Attached Thumbnails
1405285024301.jpg   1405285045649.jpg  

Old 07-13-2014, 04:36 PM   #2

Nice Rig....very Clean !

bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 08:55 PM   #3

Sweeeet!
Where ya all going?
A.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 11:21 PM   #4

Southeast Parts of British Columbia, Idaho panhandle down to Spokane, Wa then west to Seattle and north to Vancouver, BC then west to Calgary, AB then home. Gonna take about 12days is the plan at this stage. Might change in the mean time....
Old 07-16-2014, 08:01 PM   #5

Time spent always changes when I plan for 2 days it never fails to turn into 4, always doubles somehow but, I don't complain we r together having fun and that's what its all about.
Sounds like a great run, hope the weather cooperates and you have a fun and safe journey.
A.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 04:19 PM   #6

Well trip went about average. Day two started with about 2hrs of fairly heavy rain....some much for the clean shiny unit. Next 5days were perfect...not too hot but far from cool. Then 3days of scattered showers and the last few days were back to comfortable.

No problems with the coach until the week after we got home, then our inverter crapped out and we are experiencing some other 12volt electrical gremlins...hopefully the new inverter will fix them (most seem to be low voltage related).

Now I am very glad that we purchased the "Recreation Vehicle Mechanical Breakdown Insurance" policy that our dealer offered at purchase..we are getting our moneys worth of it. And fortunately we have an excellent privately owned RV repair facility that does phenominal work at a reasonable rate.
porky69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 05:03 PM   #7

Ive realized that with the amount of ground we cover, the coach is gonna get dirty....but thats what blue beacon (truck washes are for) Even when it doesnt rain we get dirty covering 800-1200 miles in a sitting.

is it your dc to ac inverter that went bad or the converter/charger ?
which one do you have ? perhaps some can offer upgrades or alternatives.
bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 05:19 PM   #8

I know that the weather is something to take at face value, it just irks me that 9 out 10times I give a vehicle (my pickup, wifes car, motorcoach, garden tractor....doesn't matter what or where) a GOOD cleaning it rains/snows/dust storm within 36hrs of hanging up the wash mitt, ruining my handiwork.

If it had been hot the whole trip I would have been scraping 100lbs of bugs off of it so I guess rinsing some dirt and road grime off isn't that bad....

The inverter is a Magnum MS2012 that had an indicated "Backfeed Fault" which completely shuts the inverter and charger down as it is sensing AC voltage coming back into the unit. After doing some online research and trying all that I could find there, I took the coach to my RV tech who did his checks and spoke with his tech contact at Magnum Energy determined that the unit was defective. He ordered a new unit on the spot (thank god for my insurance coverage). When I talked to him before I left this morning for my week at work, he had just finished changing out the inverter and was letting it charge the batteries so he could do his confirmation diagosis before releasing the unit as fixed.

The DOT/RCMP/Sheriffs/Regional police were doing a safety inspection blitz (pulling in anything with tires) just outside of town so he was busy with emergency repairs to units that were flagged for repair before being moved. I told him to take his time with my unit as I won't need it until I get back next week. As of now I haven't heard from him so only time will tell.