Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community

Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/)
-   Camping, Rallies and Travel (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f117/)
-   -   Barber Vintage Fest ? (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f117/barber-vintage-fest-6057/)

bushpilot 07-03-2011 10:01 AM

Barber Vintage Fest ?

Any of you guys going to the barber vintage vest in october ?

volvoman 07-03-2011 08:28 PM

never heard of it. what is it and where?

bushpilot 07-03-2011 09:04 PM

its a motorcycle thing...just north/east of birmingham -

barber motor sports park - its the holy grail of a motorcycle museum and in october they have a vintage (3 day) weekend race/festival <its not a sport bike or harley bunch per se> its about the LOVE of motorcycling <not brand loyalty crap> !

even if your not a motorcycle person - the museum and track property are AMAZING.

Barber : Home

they OCCASIONALLY have INDY car racing, and vintage car racing as well...its ALL good, the facilities are very nice, despite it being a dry camping grounds

Barber Motorsports Park : Home

#90-GTSC 07-04-2011 02:58 PM

One the Skip Barber instructors at Road America said its a first calls place.

bushpilot 07-04-2011 08:53 PM

that instructor was not lying ! i go and never leave the grounds - except to maybe get more beer ;) even the "public" showers are NICE/clean & PRIVATE no open stalls !

this will be my 1st year in the coach - ive TENT camp'ed several years prior - i volunteer each year (help park cars, direct traffic, make sure racers/teams have proper credentials, hand out paddock access forms/badges)...get free tickets (just have to pay for my camp spot) a free lunch and generally have a great time & learn the lay of the land (by volunteering).

NPR 07-07-2011 08:36 PM

Yes, I go as often as I can. It really is an amazing place. My truck will be pretty basicbut I plan on camping out and bringing my bikes. Just got my notice from Barbers about the availability of campsites. It's a great venue.

prudence12 07-18-2011 07:43 PM

If it's a vintage party, I will be there! haha. Really, I get to chill rarely. But I love classic events.

bushpilot 10-11-2011 10:55 AM

saw several conversion trucks there - even a volvo tractor w/ a neat box on the back for a golf cart (via hoist, which was not yet complete).

saw TWO nice white box trucks - one had 2 screws - and their placement was QUITE far apart....most ive seen w/ twin screws are fairly close together.

NPR 10-11-2011 09:03 PM

I was there!

4 Attachment(s)
The weather was fantastic, the track beautiful, and so were the girls. I too saw some nice conversions. I was given a very nice tour of a twin screw coach with garage and bedroom above. as well as a convertable dinette and all the neat things. They designed it themselves but had a professional do the conversion.

It brought my partially done Isuzu NPR box truck. I had painted and "man Cave" decorated the interior. I installed an inverter and twelve volt in the box. I Urathaned the hardwood floor and added a bike chock and removable ramp. It is all a 'work in progress' and this was my first camp out with it. It is going to work out fine after a generator and A/C is added.