Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 12-27-2010, 09:51 PM   #1

Default New Guy

New guy here just checking in. New to truck conversions, but have been motorhoming for years.

Just got my Chariot on the 23rd of December, Merry Christmas to me. Traded in a Monaco Knight, it was just too under powered, boy do I have the power now.

Still work full time but hope to change that in 5 years. So just take as many trips as possible right now.

I hope to learn a lot from you guys and meet you down the road somewhere, maybe at the HDT rally this year.

Old 12-28-2010, 10:22 AM   #2

Welcome! (From one n00b to another)

So as a window shopper.. what made you choose the Chariot over one of the other companies doing conversions? (Not that I think it's a bad thing, the Chariots look VERY nice from the photos I've seen!)

Old 12-28-2010, 03:47 PM   #3

Welcome to TruckConversion.net! That's quite a super nice Christmas present you've gotten. I checked out a Chariot t/c when I was searching for one. It was beautiful. Out of my price range tho. We need more info on yours. Pictures? Chassis? etc....? Hopefully you'll be able to come to the HDT Rally next October. We went there last time and had a great week of fun and wonderful friendly people. I didn't even get into any fights with anybody. And we were the only t/c there. Lots of class 8's pulling 5th wheels.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:40 PM   #4

SandMan,

Very nice...you are going to love the t/c over your Monaco. I had a 2006 Endeavor before the big truck and am not looking back. Many many happy miles to you. You have questions?? we will all help out if we can.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:42 PM   #5

Welcome Sandman. You'll find good info and kind members here. I built my TC on the information I gathered from this site. I've had the displeasure of driving traditional RVs myself. The power and control of a TC will soon have you grunting like Tim Taylor.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:51 PM   #6

Thanks everyone for the welcomes.

Eskimo- I chose the Chariot because I was impressed with the quality of the craftsmanship. The cabinets are solid wood, not particle board with a veneer on it. They use a Freightliner chasis which is built specially in the factory for motor home conversion not cut later from a tractor. Was also impressed with the list of standard features, yes, it may be a little more expensive but I feel it is worth it.

My chasis is a Freightliner Columbia(2008 model) with a Detroit Diesel 60 series(515 horses under the hood) engine.I have dual rear axles. The motor home conversion is a 2010 so the whole rig is titled as a 2010. It is all electric, no propane tank. So as a result I have 12kw generator for when I do not have 50 amp service. Have most of the extras, in motion satellite with HD receivers in both livingroom and bedroom. Have aqua hot which is something new to me, but I think I will like it. It provides heat, hot water and can preheat the engine. Extra large shower for my extra large body( working on making it smaller). King size bed. Have both water and electric cord power reels, not necessary but nice to have.

Will post more and better pictures once we start using it. First weekend trip will be in January.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:23 PM   #7

Sounds very nice. My wife hates electric stoves tho. Otherwise perfect, hahahahaha.
Old 12-29-2010, 03:24 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob86ZZ4 View Post
Sounds very nice. My wife hates electric stoves tho. Otherwise perfect, hahahahaha.
Mine did too when she first moved in with me.. Now that she's cooking a lot more, she's gone to hating gas! Says she gets more precise control over the heat when simmering and the like...

I kinda like the all-electric idea, and it also gives you another large storage compartment with no tank!

Either way, as long as I gets my pan-fried bacon, I'm happy.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:31 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
Mine did too when she first moved in with me.. Now that she's cooking a lot more, she's gone to hating gas! Says she gets more precise control over the heat when simmering and the like...

I kinda like the all-electric idea, and it also gives you another large storage compartment with no tank!

Either way, as long as I gets my pan-fried bacon, I'm happy.
I went all electric as well. including an electric toilet. I went for the easiest way of travel. I don't have to find a propane dealer, or a dump station. I don't stay in RV campsites, so all I need is electricity, either generator or shore power.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:03 PM   #10

New guy checking in. Just found out about these conversions and I am thrilled! I may put one of these together! Any ideas on where to find good deals on the box portion of the conversion?

DieselRebuild is offline   Reply With Quote