Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 01-08-2006, 01:28 PM   #1

I recently found a book on optical illusions, became fascinated and sometimes dizzy, then did some internet research on the subject and found lots of interesting results.

Those that have conversions or big buildings, here's your chance to confuse the eye.

An important note from Mr Kitaoka, one of the artists: Some of the pictures on this website can cause dizziness or possibly epileptic seizures. The latter happens when the brain can't handle the conflicting information from your two eyes. If you start feeling sick when using this website, immediately cover one eye with your hand and then leave the page. Do not close your eyes because that can make the attack worse.

Hope you enjoy them as much as I do. They are absolutely fascinating.

http://www.ritsumei.ac.jp/~akitaoka/index-e.html

http://www.psy.ritsumei.ac.jp/~akitaoka/link-e.html

and here is the search link from google for optical illusions:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search

If you find an illusion that you really like, please share it here. There are so many of them, I don't have the time to keep looking.

Here is one I find interesting. It appears as though it is moving, but it is really stationary, called "Rotating Snakes".

http://www.ritsumei.ac.jp/~akitaoka/rotate-e.html

Enjoy.

"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, Sea and Land, 1874-1922.
BravestDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 09:28 PM   #2

....bored this afternoon?.....come on over here and give me a hand with some of this remodeling and employee problems to solve......I like the rotating snakes.....reminds me of my X-wifes navel.......geofkaye

Old 01-08-2006, 10:58 PM   #3

Wow.... I'm too dizzy to type now.

So can we use some of these illusions to make a 45 footer look like 30 foot only?

Or go 75mph and tell the officer it just looks like moving, in reality its standing still?
WalliK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 09:02 PM   #4

.....careful Wallik.....comments like that get you the breathalizer......It's "Yes Sir and No Sir".....there are a lot of things that they can do to mess up your trip if they want to......geofkaye
Old 07-19-2006, 11:53 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally posted by WalliK:
Wow.... I'm too dizzy to type now.

So can we use some of these illusions to make a 45 footer look like 30 foot only?

Or go 75mph and tell the officer it just looks like moving, in reality its standing still?
You could paint something like this on the side of your conversion, and it would appear as a small car driving by instead of a 40' truck conversion.

If the van was painted black and the sports car graphics was painted yellow, I think you'd have a winner. You have to make the van dissapear.
"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, Sea and Land, 1874-1922.
BravestDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 02:50 PM   #6

Cool idea - must be a pretty loooong sports car though to fill out the whole side.

WalliK is offline   Reply With Quote