Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 07-01-2008, 02:48 PM   #1

It's a motorgarage unit, 150k miles, I assume a new chassis and sold for $51.5k. This looks like a real good deal price wise. I think the overhead sleeper looks out of proportion as being too long. What do you folks think about the selling price?

Here is the link and the text from the ad

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte...em=250260489978&rd=1

For sale is a 2002 Renegade 34 feet long with one slide out. This RV is truly in amazing condition inside and out. It is equipped with the following options:

· Freightliner Columbia cab

· 430 hp C12 Caterpillar engine

· Allison 6 speed automatic

· Rooftop A/C

· Glass shower enclosure

· Fully loaded cab

· Flexsteel air ride seats

· Back up camera

· Cruise control

· Power windows & locks

· Slide out awning

· Solid Oak Cabinets

· On dash traction control differential

· Suspension air

· Michelin Tires (80% Tread)

· Trailer brakes

· Heated remote mirrors

· 12,500 kw Onan Quite Diesel Generator

· Satellite stereo radio

· Dual Aluminum 60 gallon saddle fuel tanks

· Alcoa aluminum wheels

· 36,500 GVWR

This RV is ready to drive anywhere and enjoy. It drives beautiful down the highway with a top speed in excess of 85 mph. I am listing this motor home for a business located in Green Bay WI. Wisconsin residents are required to pay tax. Please email me with any questions or concerns. NO RESERVE AUCTION!! This RV will be available for local showings. Thanks for viewing.

"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, Sea and Land, 1874-1922.
BravestDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 08:35 PM   #2

Looks like a very reasonable price considering the equipment & condition. I would agree, the overhang is a bit (whole lot) excessive, also the slide is smallish compared those on to later yaer models.
The news tonight noted the Detroit automakers can't move SUV's & other gas hogs,... fuel prices are likely effecting conversions too.
I don't give a rats ass,...I'm still going to see the USA!

Bob E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 06:28 AM   #3

I agree with Bob's observations.

The overhang makes it look pretty odd but provides for a large sleeping area.

I dont see much in the way of ramps to make the garage real usefull. It's way up there with no lift gate and no built-in ramps. I wonder what the prefered cargo was when this was built?

It has a pretty small living area that matches the small slide but a big seemingly oversised fridg...probably for more beer.

Overall pretty well priced but this is a real down market that has everyone scared of something.

And I dont give a rats ass either. We continue with our build-out and we are going to see the USA with our bikes in the garage of our new garage unit.

Jim
Old 07-02-2008, 05:58 PM   #4

....bikes and beers.....over cab is for trapping children....no full sized person except a swimsuit model could fit up there and roll over in the nite without becoming wedged....there is no air circulation and it is hot behind a TV set and up near the ceiling' so suit cases and crap are up there....cargo ramps are expensive now as they are stolen every nite off U-Haul trucks all over the country as aluminum is now high scrap value.....I have a 5.5' X 37' X 16,000# cargo loader ramp that is $4500 surplus and I have to chain it-IN-the truck every nite to keep it around......they were probably dirt bikers and could ride a "c" channel.....geofkaye
geofkaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 08:37 PM   #5

The cabover does look awfully low in height and there are no windows up there for ventilation. It looks like a good place to hold blankets and pillows though, but it was designed as an ovehead bunk, not a blanket holder.

Why are people building such rigs with unusable space?

Are they getting bad advice from the builders or are the buyers making poor choices...?

Is there a minimum suggested height for cabovers when people want to use it for sleeping purposes?
"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, Sea and Land, 1874-1922.
BravestDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 10:22 PM   #6

.....CUSTOM BUILDERS DON'T MAKE MISTAKES LIKE THAT!...HAHAHAHA....I'd have to know the owner to tell what he was thinking....maybe he has another use for that area...[wet bathing suits/beach toys/suitcases/sleeping bags/ski equipment/safety clothing for racing/pillows and blankets] ....kids would be the only thing one could put up there if they were strapped in like a body/bunk strap in a road tractor on the top bunk....again no strap no kids up there sleeping-a fall in the nite would be a broken neck...used on cold weather only unless a fan was installed or maybe a very high cfm A/C vent directed at the front of the cab....but the cold blast would make it hard on the kids.....I'm suggesting poor planning by both the owner and the manufacture.,...but until I talk to the owner- It is a guess only. I get a lot of ideas from owners about how they want things done and some work and are a flash of brilliance, and some are worse than what I thought up-believe it or not!....geofkaye
Old 07-03-2008, 10:29 PM   #7

.....one more issue:.....I had a guy tell me I had sh*t for brains -but wanted me to re-build his trailer using my ideas and materials.....so I did as it was a Katerina trailer and I charged him the usual materials times 8 and he hugged me!....I didn't know what to expect I was thinking he was going to re-break my back.....[you just never know these days]....he was so happy -we went out for a Longhorn's Steak that nite.....and he paid!.....almost had to go get the ticker checked out after that.....geofkaye