Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 07-13-2003, 08:24 AM   #1
Ox

My daughter and I are taking Suzy Q (and trailer) for a two week cruise around the country. She wants to see The Falls and Salem, I'm interested in the Honda Motorcycle HomeComing in Ohio and in checking out the Spam Museum.

Suzy Q has been on a few 1,000 mile runs and a couple of weekend duties, this will be the first long distance run. The XM radio, GPS, CB, and Backup Camera are all installed and ready. The trailer is still undergoing tweaks but is "liveable". Taking the Dragon (97 Honda Valk) in the trailer for as a toad machine.

Looking forward to it. Departure is 7/19.

Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 11:06 AM   #2

Location: https://community.webshots.com/photo/93826746/94091929JnrVfF

Thats Great Chris -- --

I'm sure this will be a memorable trip for your daughter -- as this is a vacation -- with Dad !! And -- It's a break for you -- from work etc .. to PLAY !!

Hope you both have a GREAT time -- and snap a few pictures along the way -- and a followup note upon your return.

Happy Travels .. .. .. :^)

OLDphoneman

OLDphoneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 10:48 AM   #3

Chris do you have any pics of your backup camera? What did you use for camera and monitor?
What are you using for a GPS? I am looking to do something to mine just haven't decided yet.
Charlie

2000 Volvo 610 Motorhome "Dixie"
Pulling a 32' Newmar Fiver
smokin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 04:12 AM   #4
Ox

The Garmin StreetPilot III GPS sits on the dash. A Radio Shack mini-speaker is mounted on the left corner of the dash and plugged into the SPIII to provide the voice.

The backup system is a generic brand snagged from Ebay. The 5.6" color monitor is mounted on top of the CB (for now, not perm). The camera is an infra-red color outdoor model and is mounted on the trailer. The system ran me $350, one of the best priced ones I'd seen.

Pictures will be coming later
Ox is offline   Reply With Quote