Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 10-17-2004, 09:51 PM   #1

....mase -you are one of the very satisified owners-just how many people do you suppose that are constantly moaning about their choices and living in discomfort and misery...or in some cases flat out danger-especially with kids aboard.....some of the rigs I've seen for sale on the used market belong in the landfill?....geof

Old 10-18-2004, 08:27 AM   #2

and some would require a VERY large landfilllll.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MakeTrack=true

5erFool (John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 10:31 AM   #3

A HUGE LARGE BUNCH---- thats why i say think it through 'til you're damn tried of thinkin' - one more time -- then build it the way you want-- oh-- i saw the same move and that is one motto i try - try mind you- to follow--- mase
vapoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 01:58 PM   #4

Actually, I think you have to be very careful here. One of the issues that the conversion market has is the flexibility to be very creative. The good is you get it your way, the bad is that one mans perfect conversion is most others worst nightmare. If you are the type of person that can purchase something and be happy with it for 5 or more years, than get creative. But if you like change than you better consider building something that is more mainstream. Because when you go to sell your perfect conversion, your going to get hammered on the resale value. Just like the ebay unit.

Bill
Old 10-18-2004, 06:44 PM   #5

Man, that sucker is LOOOOOONG!!! Be kinda tough flippin' a "Uey" outta the left turn lane, huh? 'Course, parallel parking oughtta be a no-brainer for pros like us(?!?!?).
Gary Atsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 07:50 PM   #6

actually i had a person in mind, this is just what she wanted. she even called the person who had it-- it had belonged to the blues bros-- this dealer is a reputable dealer in nashville, does higher end coaches-- john, the person who wanted is in training for your profession- you've talked to her-- she was interested - just totalled her car 2 weeks ago - not hurt but broke right now-- oh well - mase
vapoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 09:09 PM   #7

"UNIT RUNS AND DRIVES GREAT, WILL RUN 85-90 ALL DAY LONG"

I don't think I would want to be around that size rig while it is doing 85 or 90.
Old 10-18-2004, 09:29 PM   #8

.....my Volvo is set for 102mph but I run out of guts before it runs out of grunt....another issue is if you want to remodel/redecoate from time to time-that needs to be addressed when the coach is being built....that is the advantage of a DIY/interior unite-whereas with a factory unite it is both expensive and hard up update....and they need to be updated about every 5 years or so....you'll get tired of looking at that same stained and varnished wood.....least I sure do.....geof
Old 10-19-2004, 11:07 AM   #9

CM,
Note that it said it would run all day..nothing mentioned about stopping it... or turning it.. It seems the slightest dip or driveway would cause it to scrape bottom... and the load on the front axle must be tremendous. especially without a load in the 'garage'..
Mase,
sorry to hear about her problems..I hope everything is alright..glad she is not hurt..the 'lost' email I sent you included a few comments concerning her ..if everything was alright since I hadn't heard from her for a while.. give her our best wishes..
Still studying and researching...
John
Old 10-20-2004, 05:57 AM   #10

You said it vapoppa " thats why i say think it through 'til you're damn tried of thinkin' - one more time -- then build it the way you want".
When and if you sell it you will lose big on it, even if its more mainstream.
rwrr001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 09:11 PM   #11

....depending on your individual tax situation and your life situation this may be true, BUT not everyone will take a butt kickin' when they sell their unite.....there are ways to minimize your losses ,tax wise, and of course, insurance wise, because as all well know if the damn thing should catch fire out in the middle of nowhere.......the insurance company will just write a big fat check-'specially if you have an agreed ammount on the vehicle....and it's a real bad fire that burned the thing all the way to the ground.....I recall this happening when the last gasoline crunch happened in Cincinnati in about '93??? whereas a lot of minorities with leased/new vehicles just drove them to the side of the road and lit them up.....if the insurance company could not prove arson they paid it off.....though there is a certain ammount of risk involved inthis one option along with selling, donation,or just walking away form it and using it as a write off.....depreciating it over many years is also an option if you have it in a business inventory......geof[Not seggesting any one do anything illegal]
Old 10-21-2004, 08:01 PM   #12

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KAYE RIVERCITY:
insurance wise, because as all well know if the damn thing should catch fire out in the middle of nowhere.......the insurance company will just write a big fat check-'specially if you have an agreed ammount on the vehicle....and it's a real bad fire that burned the thing all the way to the ground..... .....though there is a certain ammount of risk involved inthis one option ] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
You must be real bored......why the hell do you post CRAP like this????????
shinyblackpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 09:21 PM   #13

.....just spreading some popular information around the 'net so others will knnow what is happening here in Cincinnati Ohio on a regular basis.....after all, if the world needed an enema-Cincinnati is where the tube will be would be put in.....have a happy day!.....geof-{and thank your God you live in Regina instead of Cincinnati}-
Old 10-24-2004, 02:56 PM   #14

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by shinyblackpaint:
You must be real bored......why the hell do you post CRAP like this???????? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Because he enjoys writing it, and some of us(those with a sense of humor) enjoy reading it.
LIGHTEN UP!
Old 10-24-2004, 05:22 PM   #15

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gary Atsma:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by shinyblackpaint:
You must be real bored......why the hell do you post CRAP like this???????? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Because he enjoys writing it, and some of us(those with a sense of humor) enjoy reading it.
LIGHTEN UP! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm glad you enjoy it(with a sense of humor) If one can find humor in that comment.
Old 10-24-2004, 07:36 PM   #16

I have enjoyed this forum for several years. Mainly I enjoy the fact that no one attacks any one. even if they do not agree with what is said.. I beleive the younger group call it flaming... .. I notice that any comment I don't agree with or don't like just disappears if no one mentions it.. on the contrary if someone vocally comments on it then it is going to be read over and over... I am sure no one here ever heard of a friction fire... when the insurance premium and the mortgage payment rub together..(don't get upset it is just a comment not a suggestion)
it is contagious.. my home town has all but disappeared due to an ourbreak of them..
soon to be a different kind of fool
JOhn
Old 10-25-2004, 05:06 PM   #17

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 5erFool:
friction fire... when the insurance premium and the mortgage payment rub together..(don't get upset it is just a comment not a suggestion)
..soon to be a different kind of fool
John <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Friction fire; sounds like a hot item!
Poor Shinyblackpaint. So, like, he should lighten up a wee bit, eh? The lad's too serious.
Anyway, so you say you need a new handle, as the 5er will soon be (or is) history? Keep us up to date!
Old 10-25-2004, 06:27 PM   #18

[/QUOTE]
Friction fire; sounds like a hot item!
Poor Shinyblackpaint. So, like, he should lighten up a wee bit, eh? The lad's too serious.
Anyway, so you say you need a new handle, as the 5er will soon be (or is) history? Keep us up to date![/QUOTE]
Ok, Ok I guess I should lighten up. What was I even thinkin'? I'd like a BRAND NEW Pete' so Kaye I'm just goin' to burn my old one to the ground. I sure hope the insurance man isn't on this forum. That would sure suck,hey.
Old 10-25-2004, 08:18 PM   #19

See? Now that's more like it. I bet you're feeling better already.
Old 10-25-2004, 10:09 PM   #20

.....Gary....how would you like to take over my private practice....you do such good work! maybe I'll trade you and throw in my ME MA and EeD to boot!.....Ever wanted to be a shrink?....Pay is nice-if you don't except insurance-otherwise it is just a paperwork nightmare.....geof