Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 02-04-2004, 08:25 AM   #1

Hey All,

Cool website you guys got here. Tons of interesting reading. I was wondering if I could draw on your collective experience?

I am searching for a decent used Garage Coach. Something large (30-34' box) like a Renegade 22-12 would be ideal. I own a trucking company so brand is not a huge issue as I am familiar with them all. I have found some of the more obvious websites like kibbi, united, concept haulers, pete's rv but used seems to be hard to find. Any new leads would be helpfull! Thanks guys. Dave.
Old 02-04-2004, 02:19 PM   #2

There are used units out there. Finding them is the challenge.

One source of a lot of advertising by dealers and some private individuals is the National Dragster. This is the weekly publication of the NHRA. It is well known in the drag racing group.

The first issue of this race season just came out after their 4 week winter break. There are 12 pages in the classified advertising section. Included are dealers, manufacturers and individual ads. You could probably come up with the names, phone numbers of 8 to 10 dealers. Contact them and you might find a used unit.

Also contact the manufacturers and ask for a list of their dealers. Then contact the dealers to see about used units.
Old 02-04-2004, 08:53 PM   #3

sup. check with kingsley they are the ones who started the garage concept , i belive cowboy cadilac may have one or two. mase
vapoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 06:43 AM   #4

There's a used funmoverfor sale, the guy took really good care of it and he is going to a truck conversion in March. I may not be what you want as it is a E-450 Ford V-10,28ft. 20ft motorhome,8 ft garage. Lot of extra stuff(air Bags,etc. He is a flattrack,supermoto,racer. Full folddown alum. ramp,etc.e-mail or call me and if I can help yau.
Bob Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 03:08 PM   #5

Hey guys thanks for the input so far, looking into those suggestions. The National dragster thing is cool but I can't get it online and I don't know anyone who does get it. Any other ideas??

That funmover is too small for what we need.

Cheers,
Dave.
Old 02-05-2004, 03:22 PM   #6

Dave. Where are you located? This might give some ideas on how to help you.
Old 02-06-2004, 10:33 PM   #7

I am out of Toronto but I am fully prepared to go wherever I have to to find what I am looking for.
Dave.