Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 02-17-2009, 07:27 PM   #1

Wondering if anyone knows if your typical 35-40 foot outside dimensional Truck Conversion be shipped via another truck or railroad or are they too tall to be trucked or railroaded?

Anyone know or estimate such a cost or shipping companies to use?

"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, Sea and Land, 1874-1922.
BravestDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:29 PM   #2

......SHIPPING IS ALL A MATTER OF MONEY....yours!....check with your local moving company for prices......drive away will be your best bet-the price of truck transport will give you a heart attack and rail is somewhat less....barge is the cheapest!....good luck!...geofkaye

geofkaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 04:42 PM   #3

I'll driveaway ship it for you, let me know where you want to ship it to/from and give me your phone number and i'll be in contact with you. I have a class A CDL with hazmat, doubles/triples, and tankers, so it'll be safe.

But.....why not just drive it yourself? If you have a driveaway shipper ship it, the driver is going to fly to your area, take a cab to you, drive the truck to where its going, take a cab to an airport, and fly back home. And then they have to pay the driver and then they have to make profit, so ......it's going to cost you an arm and a leg, right? They might use a bus, but a 2500 mile bus ride costs $250......

Depending on the design, it might be possible to load it on a flatbed, that way it doesnt have any extra milage on it, you save the plane and cab rides, and the driver gets another load to go back to wherever he came from. Or it might be possible to piggyback it, but it'll still put wear on your rear axle bearings
Lexxi is offline   Reply With Quote