Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 11-07-2015, 02:44 PM   #1

Default sat tv what i have and what your using

Hey,

I got a moto stat that still moves! So i want to go to dish network so i can buy a month at a time. my digital ant works but not good when you 50 miles away, so i am thinking i get me a dish receiver and change out LNB and the dish part if i need too. i got instructions on how to program the moto stat for dish, and if that does not work i have toggles switches i can hook up to move the dish around to find the signal. and if that dont work, then i buy the wineguard. I just hate to not use the set up in have. And yes I would save a few dollars. and have a project to waste time on....lol.
Has anyone done this or tried or think I am crazy? and what do you do when your under trees? You can move the wineguard or have someone steal it?
What have I missed?

Sam

2005 Renegade #1204 42 footer Columbia M3200CH-435,12 speed auto Cat 12 kw Genset, Roadtrip Mission in-mot Dish Network, Washer dryer combo, Jeep Liberty toad,1973 Cessna Skylane,1955 Chev 210 Belair survivor
samcrimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 09:40 PM   #2

I have the Winegard, and Directv. I upgraded my house to a DVR and HD, so my old receiver (non-HD) is in the T/C. Since my old receiver was long paid for, I do not actually have any monthly charge beyond my house bill. I guess they figure I am paying for the service, whether home or out on the road. Kind of nice that I do not have to call and turn on the old receiver when i want to go on a trip, it just works. I do have to wait for it to first find the satellite, then it has to download the programming. After a few minutes it is working, although I do not get local channels, only the national cable type channels. For local i have to use the over the air antenna.

Old 11-09-2015, 08:03 PM   #3

I just ordered a dish receiver and a winegard X1 dish. I'll keep you posted.
hot rod is offline   Reply With Quote