Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 06-22-2005, 07:48 AM   #1

We just finished converting a truck-tractor to a toterhome. We had the Freightliner Truck-tractor retitled as a cab & chassis after the first step of modifying the frame. Now that we have the box built on the chassis as our garage/workshop with living quarters in the cab, the Florida DMV wants to title it as a truck-tractor! HELP! Anyone have any ideas? Any other states where we might not have the same problem? We are completely mobile, full-timers!

Don Ames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 10:01 PM   #2

...sounds commercial to me...but I'm in Ohio and what do I know about what FLA DMV is thinking.....opinion: the workshop is making them think is is a commercial venture. Any of proving them wrong?....geofkaye

Old 06-22-2005, 10:12 PM   #3

.....as a side note.....something is happening in Fla with the liscense/reggy issue, as a old old old friend who is a retired Sheriff [35 years on the job]was ticketed as improperly reggy/tagged as RV because he has_ALL_his tools in the back of his motorhome which is a KW with a cargo box and a Kali kingsized bed with HVAC and a porta-crapper and a generator hanging outside and a micorwave......The inside looks like a old barn with siding from his mothers farm including kero lanterns and animal parts on the walls with finshing/hunting equipment....like a small protable hunting lodge. Actually kinda neat if you are into such things....He is having a fit and wants to drive over to see Jeb and straighten things out with him.....This is going to be good!.....geofkaye
Old 06-23-2005, 02:08 PM   #4
cjc

If it's possible for you to title in another state, go that route for less problems. When I went to register my Showhauler, they gave me a hard time and the only thing that saved me was that they are listed as an RV in NADA. Unfortunately, you don't have that situation. If you haven't noticed, there isn't too much thought process in the state of Florida. Good luck.
cjc is offline   Reply With Quote