Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 05-24-2004, 10:37 AM   #1

Or something like that. The last few times I've put down the rams the left side seems to sink over the ocurse of a few hours. Any ideas? Now keep in mind I haven't even bothered to check anything yet including checking the fluid level in the reservoir....

Old 05-25-2004, 10:59 AM   #2

well it is hard to say since you have not looked at it for sure, but it could be just settleing into the ground because the left side of the coach most likely is where your slidout and stuff are so you may be a little heavier on that side the other thing it could be is you might have a little bit of air in the system and over time with using it, it should work itself out. but if it doesn't i would just watch it for awhile and if it continues to do it give us a call so that we can find you a service center to go to.

Thanks Jason

Bigfoot Leveler Staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 08:43 AM   #3

will do on the call - definitely not sinking and I've been using it about 3 weekends out of every month for a year an a half or more so the air should be gone That and it just started, I'll check the simple stuff this weekend when I'm unloaded att he track and give you guys a call if I can't figure it out.
Old 07-22-2004, 05:38 PM   #4

Okay, still happening and it's just the one cylinder for sure - anyone have a suggestion what to check this weekend? Not going to be anywhere in the near future to be able to get a shop to check it so I guess it's time for a crash course in basic hydraulic systems
Old 07-22-2004, 08:42 PM   #5

....From my experience with wreckers....1.) any valve 2.) ram seal this is my critical order of investigation after checking for leaks and fluid foaming or low on fluid....geof-good luck!
Old 07-23-2004, 06:54 AM   #6

Well there are a couple things you want to check first you need to find out if it is both the left side jacks or just one of them, if it is just one make sure all your fittings are tight, if you have a loosefitting or a bad o ring it can allow air to get into the system. if it is both on one side chances are it has air in the system and the way to blead it out is to drive up on some blocks on that side so that you can fully extend the jacks without all the weight of the coach on them and then let them sit for about a half hour and that will blead the air from the them. and if none of that works, it can only be one of two things you either have cylenders with a bad seals and the fluid is pushing back past the seals or you have a popit valve in the pump that is not closing all the way, and that can be caused by dirt particles or shavings in the fluid. if it is a valve it can be taken out and cleaned somewhat it is located on the side of the pump, it looks just like a big hex head bolt. you can try to clean it by pulling it out and making sure there is nothing in it. but make sure the cylinder does not have weight on it when you take it off becuase you would have a real mess if it had weight on it. well if all that fails or you need some help or have any questions please call me on my cell phone anytime this weekend 269-816-1774

I hope this helps
Thanks Jason
Bigfoot Leveler Staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 10:21 AM   #7

Very cool, thanks for the ideas. I'll check the fittings tonight and work my way up to the valve when I have access to some blocks.

Always wondered what the inside of a hydraulic valve looked like anyway
Old 07-28-2004, 05:39 PM   #8

sean i talked with matt ward today and he's trying to catch up with you. his # is 205-343-0002. we'll have to get together some time--- mase

vapoppa is offline   Reply With Quote