Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 07-28-2003, 08:46 PM   #1

Geof, I finally posted a pic of my Exiss trailer. I added the Alcoa wheels, awning, the extra tail lights, and backup lights.

Check in the gallery ...

SandCarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 11:13 PM   #2

SandCarFan...thank for the pix-I'm slowly heading in that same direction....of course still waiting on price/options/availablity....form TMI and another company in KY.....mine needs to be a 32' inside length-3 axels X 6200# ea.-awning-rear ramp-RV side door-A/C-all electric/no propane-< R+10 Insulation-shower w/toilet separate and a place for Micowave and a small sink.....If you have a chance send more pix-I'd appreciate it..geof-in Cincinnati [I can see why your handle is SandCarFan-I'd try that too except for my broken neck and back probably won't stand the shock anymore-But there is always the next life!]

geof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 08:41 AM   #3

If you can, go with 16" wheels, they seem to have less problems than the run of the mill 15" wheels (don't know the weight you're planning to carry but you can get load range E's for 16"ers).
Old 07-29-2003, 01:24 PM   #4

SandCarFan....spent the whole day on the EXISS Problem....I'm now on my 4th dealer..seems they don't want a trailer on their lot that is not pre-sold...business must be OFF!["WAY OFF"]....anyway I have contacted a total of 6 dealers in the area to see a trailer up close and personal...not one in stock and none on order for this area at this time....I've added your suggestion about 16" wheels and tires to my list-you are completely correct about the 16" tires....geof in Cincinnati
Old 07-29-2003, 01:36 PM   #5

I've spoken w/ Exiss before, they have non-stocking dealers. I have a dealer for them 1 mile away from my business...never had one on the lot.
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 02:57 PM   #6

I had the benefit of having a friend who bought his first. I was able to see his up close before plunking down a deposit.
Old 07-29-2003, 03:00 PM   #7

T&E is another source of aluminum enclosed trailers. They're more money than the Exiss trailers but can be customized 'till there is no tomorrow ... They're in Illinois.

There web site is:
http://www.tande-racetrailers.com/

They have this one listed on their "used" page

http://www.tande-racetrailers.com/us...on_030203.html
Old 07-29-2003, 08:56 PM   #8

THAT"S exactly what I want to do...I want to see the finished product-or maybe something shorter if need be....without going to OKie land to see it built....I'M thinking it may be time to move on and let EXISS go....I will call the CEO Wednesday and try to make a deal-but from here it looks like a long shot....I'D jump, but after that trip to Elkhart Indiana-I want to see it up front and personal first-even though this is only a $20K deal....the more I have learned/viewed the more cautious I've become....geof in Cincinnati
Old 07-29-2003, 09:19 PM   #9

They[T&E] are on vacation....so if I can't get this EXISS thing off the ground, I'll wait till vacation is over and go try to make a deal...geof in Cincinnati; thanks SandCarFan...I appreciate your pointing me in these directions.....
Old 07-29-2003, 09:31 PM   #10

Patrick-when you looked at EXISS, what were your impressions?...geof-in Cincinnati