Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 11-29-2015, 10:32 AM   #81

Waze doesn't have a vehicle size setting or provision. But the. Neither does our garmin gps...

IMO specialized gps' are over rated I've never encountered a bridge that was too low and certainly where they are - there is plenty of warning or alternative routes.

bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 07:30 PM   #82

Hi Bushpilot

You seem sharp on t/c. I am looking at a Haulmark 2013 on a 2009 fl columbia with a mbe 4000 450 hp hooked to a 13 speed ultra shift. 15000 miles. Looks like new, no salt or weather damage. Is this a good combination, decent fuel consumption without any major issues other than normal repairs

Thanks
Dan

dadej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 08:38 PM   #83

wow thats a huge model/manufacture year gap....someone definitely custom spec'd that and took their own truck in to Haulmark to build.

an MBE coupled to a 13 speed? most are coupled to a smart-shift 12 speed.

sounds very custom - and id say w/ the extra (13th) gear it would do well (if it were in my chassis....id love to have that 13th gear out on the high way....but i guess it really depends on the ratio's and the rear end gearing.

I've had no problem w/ our MBE 4000, and we have about 120k or more on it now, put 50k+ on it ourselves. I know a couple others here w/ the same engine/trans set-up and none of them have reported any issues.

I have seen as HIGH as mid 13s and as low as high 7s for fuel mpg...all depends on the right foot, mixed interstate & back road from (blacksburg) virginia to (fort walton beach) florida was where we saw the 13 (it got foggy and was dark from atlanta south).

I'm more comfortable driving the coach now so the mpg has fallen off, BUT....w/ the cruise control set at 70 we see a very consistent 9.9mpg, any thing above 8.9/9.0 is a win imo.

flat towing our jeep wrangler has a negligible effect on the mpg...at best maybe 2/10s of an mpg higher consumption - but really its immeasurable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadej View Post
Hi Bushpilot

You seem sharp on t/c. I am looking at a Haulmark 2013 on a 2009 fl columbia with a mbe 4000 450 hp hooked to a 13 speed ultra shift. 15000 miles. Looks like new, no salt or weather damage. Is this a good combination, decent fuel consumption without any major issues other than normal repairs

Thanks
Dan

bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote