Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community

Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/)
-   Truck Conversion General Discussions (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f104/)
-   -   Sharing the Joy (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f104/sharing-joy-7112/)

GENECARP 04-22-2013 04:52 PM

Sharing the Joy

Just got back from moving the Rig up to CT for the summer, the truck preformed flawlessly, the Virginia hills where no match for the DD Series 60. Spent a couple of nights at Truck Stops, truck stops are about the only place that makes my Rig look small. Did the $500 fill up once, it's such a pleasure to drive I don't mind. A few of the steep grades that have special right lanes for slow moving vehicles where not applicable for us.....did I mention I love my truck......LOL , class A drivers have no idea what they are missing.....have fun on the road....

Cliff & Wendy 04-22-2013 09:55 PM

Tonight we went to look at a Freightliner with a 13 speed and the series 60 500 hp, it was to short for our needs, I stepped off the box length and it was 18 ft.
How long is yours?

thanks

GENECARP 04-23-2013 06:09 AM

45' Total.....

Bob86ZZ4 04-23-2013 03:22 PM

Good to hear from you, Gene. Glad the truck is getting some exercise. I'm going to Washington, DC, for Police Week this May. You going to be there? I'll be driving my t/c. Parking at my cousin's house, real close to the Pentagon.

Cliff and Wendy, Gene has a Pony Express with a garage in the back where his Smart car rides. I think somebody has a black one for sale somewhere that's kind of like Gene's. That black one has a matching black Smart.

bushpilot 04-23-2013 03:55 PM

Bob - we'll be in the Shenandoah Valley (Front Royal / Winchester) area around that same time.

We plan to drive up from houston, spend 2 nights at the French Quarter RV Resort then continue on to Virginia Tech (blacksburg, va), picking up our oldest on the 11th & then heading to Front Royal for the rest of May & part, if not all, of June.

we'll be spending some time at Andy Guest State Park the 17th thru at least the 22nd (its booked memorial day weekend), so ill be back curb side at my MIL's that weekend.

Gene - pulling the hills of southern va (i81) & around chattanooga are one of my favorite parts of our trips back home to virginia - we're in the left/fast lane sucking up cars and trucks (in the far right hill climb lane) !

GENECARP 04-24-2013 07:31 AM

Bob, no plans to be there but you never know, where did you see that black Toy Hauler? I have not seen any with Smart Cars but I am always looking. Every once in awhile while humming down the interstate I catch out of the corner of my eye a Truck Conversion.....I always reach for the Airhorn........One more thing, I found this website VINYLEDISORDER, they have a FULL line of stock and custom decals, many colors, hundreds of subjects and designs....these decals have gotten so good there is no reason to do a custom paint job. You can also change stuff out if you get bored, I just ordered a 5' long saying for the back door over the top of the garage.....Have fun.....G

Frontrunner 04-24-2013 08:45 PM

Gene,
Here's a link for the black United Specilties toy hauler.
Coolhorse Reduced! 2008 United Specialties 45' Garage Hauler Toter Home (matching Smart Car available)
It's also on EBay. They have a matching smart car available as well.
It has the same floor plan and a lot of the same options as mine.
BTW, you guys have a beautiful rig.
- Chris

GENECARP 04-25-2013 03:22 PM

Chris thanks, let's see some photos of your Rig.....Welcome to the Forum.....

Frontrunner 04-28-2013 03:39 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by GENECARP (Post 41063)
Chris thanks, let's see some photos of your Rig.....Welcome to the Forum.....

I upgraded last September and don't have many photo's of it yet. I live in Minnesota so it's been in the garage for the past 5+ months.

I plan to be out on the road in the next few weeks. I'll post photo's and details soon.

- Chris

GENECARP 04-29-2013 04:55 PM

Looks like a nice setup Chris, some nice stuff under those car covers also no doubt....LOL. Looking forward to seeing some interior shots.....G

Bob86ZZ4 05-01-2013 04:25 PM

I haven't been around enough lately. Very nice truck Chris. I'm with Gene, what's under those car covers? Hahahah. You take them to BIR (Brainerd Int. Raceway for those not from MN)?

Frontrunner 05-01-2013 07:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I keep my warm weather vehicles in the big garage. I have a 2002 S2000 and a 2011 BMW 135i M on one side. On the other side of the motor coach I have a 2011 Camaro SS. Even though the S2000 and the BMW would be great cars for BIR, neither one has made it to the track. My S2000 was purchased new and only has 7000 miles so it doesn't come out much. The BMW is my wife's "fun" car so I don't get to drive it very often. The Camaro might make it to the track some time in the future. I have new Pedders sway bars, coilover's and bushings that I'm going to install to upgrade the suspension. I put an MGW short throw shifter in and have a new Corsa exhaust system to install as well. If it ever stops snowing in Minnesota, I could actually think about driving one of them.

Bob,
It looks like you're not to far from me, I'm south of Lakeville. For the record, I love my United Specialties conversion so far. I have two friends that also have them and they've been extremely happy as well.

- Chris

bushpilot 05-01-2013 09:48 PM

ohhh and i see a motorcycle too :D
i swear i need a nice big stacker trailer for our stuff !

Bob86ZZ4 05-01-2013 10:33 PM

Very nice collection, Chris. Do you know Dawn from Prior Lake? She's got a United garage coach. They're Harley people. Go on Facebook and search for WinsorCorvette. That's my son and I. We're pretty regular up at BIR. He's got two Vettes and I've got one.

Frontrunner 05-03-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob86ZZ4 (Post 41091)
Very nice collection, Chris. Do you know Dawn from Prior Lake? She's got a United garage coach. They're Harley people. Go on Facebook and search for WinsorCorvette. That's my son and I. We're pretty regular up at BIR. He's got two Vettes and I've got one.

Bob,
I don't know Dawn but I'm familiar with their truck. I saw her pictures and post on another site. I checked out Facebook. I love your corvettes. I need to make it up to BIR to see you guys run them in person. We used to drag race bikes up there quite a few years back but never did any road racing. I get there periodically for business, and can always find a reason to spend a little time at the track. How often do you guys race?

Frontrunner 05-03-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bushpilot (Post 41090)
ohhh and i see a motorcycle too :D
i swear i need a nice big stacker trailer for our stuff !

Don,
A stacker trailer would be awesome and is the way to go. You never know when you'll need what you don't have. I'm always leaving something behind :).

bushpilot 05-03-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frontrunner (Post 41111)
Don,
A stacker trailer would be awesome and is the way to go. You never know when you'll need what you don't have. I'm always leaving something behind :).

oh trust me ive already figured out the name of this game "who says you cant take it w/ you...."

w/ a gaggle or so of bikes i full know that i could make good use of a stacker...
in my world, one bike does not fit all (roads)