Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 07-07-2008, 08:26 PM   #1

Do you like the layout on this one? Looks like it could comfortably hold a bunch of people if you wanted to host a party inside. I sort of like it and it looks CA legal under 40'.

The lower bunk could also be used for seating people if you had a large group of people inside and all other areas will filled to capacity, and it sleeps 8 if you put 2 in the bed, one in each bunk, one on each couch, one in the diner and one in the overhead.

1. Could you put 3 bunks in the same area and still use the lower or middle one for seating? Is there enough room for such layout?

2. How much do you think it cost to build, the conversion and the used chassis?

http://www.racingjunk.com/post/1233199/2007-Powerhouse-...ach-99-Frtliner.html

Text from the ad:

$99.5k. 29 foot 2007 Powerhouse Conversion Coach on a '99 Freightliner Century Class w 318000 miles. Twin Screw, 435 HP 60 Series Detroit, 10-speed autoshift transmission. It sports a 13 foot slide-out and will sleep eight (8). Other features include: 12.5 Moen diesel generator, ducted furnace, two rooftop A/C units, solid oak cabinetry, full size side by side refrig/freezer with icemaker, two burner cooktop, microwave/convection oven, hot water heater, full size shower, fresh water capacity, and large holding tanks. You'll appreciate the brand new Legacy Silver seats in the cab and with TONS of storage, this rig will tow your load in comfort and style. This Coach has traveled less than 4000 miles to date. Designed for motorsports, or heavy towing, 200 gal fuel capacity.

"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, Sea and Land, 1874-1922.
BravestDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:15 PM   #2

....never heard of a Moen generator?...off shore?...insulation is questionable with all that HVAC. Is this a Powerhouse or one of the knock offs that are using the same name?-did Doug design and build it? Exterior looks plain vs inside -that is why I ask....Doug usually puts a lot of design graphics and tweaks in his stuff....he as ahead of the rest by a mile or 10 years when he does a coach.....I'd dicker the price a lot as nothing is moving right now-though some of the high line unites are still being built.........looks interesting though-color choice and design of the interior is interesting.....I'd bite! ....geofkaye

geofkaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:16 PM   #3

....guessing cost to build at $65,000 over the curb...geofkaye
Old 07-08-2008, 05:00 PM   #4

Geofkaye, this conversion is from Powerhouse Conversions not Powerhouse Coach. I've never seen a Powerhouse Coach on any other chassis than Volvo.
Dave B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:13 PM   #5

....Dave B: have you seen this coach up close and personal?...let me know your thoughts....geofkaye
Old 07-09-2008, 12:20 PM   #6

Geofkaye, I've seen the photograph and that is all.

Dave B is offline   Reply With Quote