I am planning on buiding a toter home. I cant seem to find out the exact requirements from the BMV. Ohio Revised Code says:
(Q) "Recreational vehicle" means a vehicular portable structure that meets all of the following conditions:
(1) It is designed for the sole purpose of recreational travel.
(2) It is not used for the purpose of engaging in business for profit.
(3) It is not used for the purpose of engaging in intrastate commerce.
(4) It is not used for the purpose of commerce as defined in 49 C.F.R. 383.5, as amended.
(5) It is not regulated by the public utilities commission pursuant to Chapter 4919., 4921., or 4923. of the Revised Code.
(6) It is classed as one of the following:
(a) "Travel trailer" means a nonself-propelled recreational vehicle that does not exceed an overall length of thirty-five feet, exclusive of bumper and tongue or coupling, and contains less than three hundred twenty square feet of space when erected on site. "Travel trailer" includes a tent-type fold-out camping trailer as defined in section 4517.01 of the Revised Code.
"""this seems to be the sticky part"""
(b) "Motor home" means a self-propelled recreational vehicle that has no fifth wheel and is constructed with permanently installed facilities for cold storage, cooking and consuming of food, and for sleeping.
I am going to pull a 38 Foot Coachmen fifth wheel with this toter and I dont want everyone who goes on a trip with me to need a cdl to drive the damn thing. The truck is a '98 international 4700, 274" wb, 230 hp diesel, air brakes and gvw is at 25500.
Has anyone else built or registered a toter home in Ohio sucsessfully?
thanks in advance