Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 04-22-2005, 11:06 AM   #1

There's been lots of discussion about pros/cons of different insulation materials and techniques in this forum. Does anyone have experience with Prodex High R insulation?

More info available here: Prodex High R

This looks like an ideal product for RV conversions. Perhaps this is the same stuff that Showhauler has been using for quite awhile.

Old 04-22-2005, 08:32 PM   #2

Quote:
Prodex High R looks like an ideal product for RV conversions.
The thickness, perfomance in high humidity and ability to puncture it with nails or screws seems perfect for an RV.

Probably two rolls for $400 will be enough for most conversions.

Blue Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 09:28 PM   #3

.....I haven't seen certified test results by a independant lab yet so I can't judge this product.....If it is as they advertise, I will order a large ammounts and use it between the wall covering and the upright joists..._on everything_ -as for now I use strictly polyisocynate board.....the 30 cents a square foot price seems very competative and I'd like to get more info.....shipping is a problem at $20-$44 a roll which is excessive so there would have to be a supplier near here to make it cost effective....But I'M interested as all get out!.....geofkaye...[ordering a sample]
Old 04-24-2005, 02:10 PM   #4

The caveat on the R value is the direction of the heat flow and a 42mm air space. I am not sure this is much different than the foil face bubble type insulation at Home Depot and other places. All are radiant heat barriers. In spite of their FAQs, I suspect convection and conduction are fairly substantial aspects of our heat loss and gain in RVs etc. Or everyone here in the midwest (MN) would be using this stull. I have use similar materials, but on the inside surface of foam insualtion.

for what it is worth.
Chuck
chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 08:38 PM   #5

....If you read the wrapper on bubble wrap insulation[HD/Lowes] you can see the issues in print....I believe your right chuck...I just want to see the sample and the enclosed info.....geofkaye