Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 05-22-2004, 10:39 PM   #1

who added the anti-idle generator to their rig some time ago?....need to solve an A/C problem....geof

KAYERIVERCITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 01:34 PM   #2

geof -

This doesn't answer your question, but I think I saw somewhere that you bought a Volvo, where are the pictures??? I love pictures!!
Bill

Old 05-24-2004, 09:38 PM   #3

Bill...send me an address I'll send pix by snail mail....I have a new Dell 'puter....I'm having enough problems with e-mail...much less pix....I have a pix set that I'm sending the copies to the insurance company and I'll get some of the trailer Tuesday and have them developed....LMK off-list geof
Old 06-04-2004, 08:06 AM   #4

Location: https://community.webshots.com/photo/93826746/94091929JnrVfF

Geof --

I added one to mine -- Here's the link to the pictures:

http://community.webshots.com/album/68827129iOaMmN

It's a TruckGen unit. If I remember right -- You purchased an Onan Quiet Diesel Generater didn't you? If so -- Call TruckGen and just purchase the under bunk heat/ac unit.

Dave
OLDphoneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 08:37 PM   #5

....Dave I just might just owe you a big one![again]....what I don't understand from their site is the A/C part completely seperate form the compressor/condensor? or is the compressor with the generator and the evaporator coil seperate-that won't do me any good at all...BUT if the compressor and evaporator and condensor are completely seperate[like a room A/C then you have solved my A/C problem.]....and boy would I owe you for that one...that would rank up there with a years supply of pole dancers and scantially clad cocktail hour girls....OY!.....geof
Old 06-06-2004, 12:38 PM   #6

Geof --

Sorry -- Been out of town for 2 days. Went to Salem, Or to visit relatives and went to the Salem Carousel. Great place:

www.salemcarousel.org

Ok -- Now on to your problem.

For one of many reasons -- I chose TruckGen for my auxilary generator. It uses a seperate electric HVAC underbunk unit. Here's a direct transcript:

Electric under-bunk unit has 9,000 Btu's cold air with 1100 watts of heat strips. Weighs 75 Lbs. The evaporator coils are in the front view shown to re-circulate cab air, with the condenser and shroud located at the very back. Fresh air is brought in from the bottom through a duct in the sleeper floor. The cold air is vented through its own ducts and bezels that point upwards. This unit will fit in almost any under-bunk storage area.

Height -- 12 3/4"
Width -- 21 7/8"
depth -- 17 7/8" (23 1/8" with shroud) If inst.

Frigette Truck Climate Systems
1200 W. Risinger Road
Fort Worth, TX 76134
817-293-5313

TruckGen has a great flyer with pictures -- Their flyer number 72120. To bad -- This information is not on their Web Site !!

The unit fits in the center section under the bunk. Mine is just sitting there -- As I've not cut the hole in the floor yet. Maybe this year !!

The unit also comes with a digital wall thermostat that can be mounted anywhere. Also all ducting -- Both flexible and rigid (Need to see the pictures!!).

This unit is specifically designed for Class 8 Tractors and no fabrication is required.

Simply install and hookup the AC source from your Onan !!

Now -- Dancing Girls ...... I'll start with One -- Considering my age ......... :^)

Tootles .......

Dave
Old 06-08-2004, 09:09 PM   #7

OldPhoneman.....maybe I should call you Mr. Oldphoneman Sir! I talked to Mitch at SCS Frigette just as you suggested and he convinced me to go with the 110 vt under bunk unite for $900 plus a set of ducts to be shipped by truck this afternoon....NOT a Terrific deal....[but about 1/7 the price of the competition]....What Can I say? other than I owe you another one....geof[this means that at your age I got to send you one new pole dancer every week for the next 3 years.....how's your heart anyway.. OY!.....the Insulation value of my sleeper has been increased by a factor of 6 so it should be like a meat locker in there in 100 degree temps so Mitch threw in a thermostat and a heating coil unite since I'll use so little cooling/heat.......geof
Old 06-09-2004, 04:33 PM   #8

Geof .........

SWEET !!

As to my ticker -- Like the man who jumped off the Empire State Building was heard saying as he passed by each floor -- -- -- So far .. So good !!

I'll leave the light on ........ :^)

Tootles ..

Dave