Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 05-24-2004, 01:56 PM   #1

O.K. the last trip did me in. I had Bostrom Talladega 915's in the cab. We had them recovered to match the rest of the leather in the conversion, but they just did not give me the right back support. I need lots of lumbar in my seat and the 915's just did not give me enough.

So I have been eyeing up Seats Inc's LE series seats. Ordered up 2 in black leather, installed them last weekend and absolutely love the feel and support these seats give. Now I have not put them through a long trip yet, but we do have a 3 hour run this weekend which will give me a good idea of how they will preform. Texas in a month will really be the test.

Old 05-31-2004, 03:13 PM   #2

bill, mase, just saw your seats. they are the ones i've been eyein'. tell me 'bout them. thanks-- mase

vapoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 10:18 AM   #3

O.K. put 6 hours on the seats this weekend.

On the way out I was miserable! The seats are Leather and I found out that there is no way to adjust the front of the seat bottom. So I was constantly sliding forward on the seat on the slippery new leather. When I got to my destination I sprayed the seat with some Windex (only thing I had that I figured would not harm the leather to much) to give the seat some grip. The ride home was much better, but it would have been so nice to raise the front of the seat bottom just a titch.

This is one thing I overlooked when I was comparing seats, and absolutely cannot believe a seat with this quality does not have a seat bottom adjustment.(I called the factory to get verification on this omission) I only need about a 1/2" or less lift on the front of the seat and will look underneath the seat to see if I can make a modification.

Other than that, the suspension on this seat is awesome! Blows away the Talladega 915's. Love the longer arm rests as well.

Even so, I cannot recommend this seat without the ability to adjust the seat bottom. It is something I would not think was a big deal, but with the very flat feel of the bottom of this seat, it really is a big problem. Unfortunately, to gain this feature you have to buy the SLE series seat which is double the price, you do gain the heated seat and vibration feature. (woopie!)

Bill
Old 06-01-2004, 02:35 PM   #4

thank's bill, couple of questions---- would cloth be any better? --- i'm really partial to cloth for the exact reason you mentioned-- slippery--- oh--leather "seems" harder to my princes type tush-- it also sweats more than cloth--imo-- price????? ----and how on earth did you find a seat to sit on before you odered yours? i called miss karla hendewrson and she said call my rep-- yeah, well he didn't return my call........ thanks in advance --- mase
vapoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 09:11 PM   #5

It is beyond me how anyone can sit in a leather seat when driving a truck....but then vinal is worse. If it is cloth I'm Ok in the summer heat otherwise I get diaper rash on the back side If you know what I mean.....Our old Army trucks were confortable[spring ride seats] except for the waterproof treatment on the canvas...that's where I developed my terminal case of diaper rash.....more information than you wanted to know isn't it!.....geof[scratching as I type]
KAYERIVERCITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 08:43 AM   #6

I really like my seats. They are the factory ones reupholstered in the same ultra leather that is on the couch and bench seats. Ultra leather is grippier than leather and I havent experienced any "swamp ass" as of yet! I never drive more than 10 hours at a time though.
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 07:42 PM   #7

WHAT IS "ULTRA LEATHER"? I have a dining room set of I Italian chairs that has a kind of leatherish vinal with a cloth back and it is supposeed to breath so you don't sweat and a real leather couch which I'm sitting now that I can stand for a few hours -then I'm heading for something else like the couch.....If I had to do 10 hours on this leather couch I'd have terminal "swamp ass"......geof
KAYERIVERCITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 09:49 AM   #8

Geof,John
try this site.
http://www.gulffabrics.com/ultralht.htm
should give you some idea... lots of the higher end class A's have it.

5erFool (John) is offline   Reply With Quote