Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 11-25-2010, 08:41 PM   #1

Alright guys I need some direction here. I am wanting to come up with some type of conversion to use to pull a 18'-24' enclosed trailer that we will be racing karts out of. In an idea world I would like to build a toter home with a 14' or 16' box and then find a goooseneck trailer. As everyone knows this is not an idea world, so I have been kicking around the idea of converting a box truck and using a bumper pull trailer. I need to be able to set 8 people and sleep 6 (for any overnight racing trips). I live in Kentucky so it would have to have everything needed to be able to register it as a RV. So here is where I need the opinions of the experienced conversion artist on here. Any thoughts or ideas on this please let me have them, I need all the help I can get on this.

Thnanks

Gphillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 09:02 PM   #2

many ways to go on this, go-karts and the equipment isn't very heavy or room consuming. i'd look at a toyhauler and a F350 supercab that you can drive back and forth to work, store etc. I suppose a big toyhauler and a good used class 8 truck with the sleeper re-configured for more seats would be in the same price range, but you may get a look or two rolling into a kart race with a class 8 truck.

I may seem like a broken record, but right now during the off season, in a recession, and guys losing sponsors, racingjunk.com is your best bang for the buck by a long shot. Even something fairly new is half price right now, and you cannot buy the parts for the prices those rigs are selling for.

-blizz