Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 10-27-2005, 02:35 PM   #1

As I was surfing ebay...I came across this MCI Bus for sale that has this folding toilet.

Does anyone know much about these toilets? Were they an original unit on a 1968 MCI's? Do they leak? Are they bombproof?

Here's the picture of the toilet:

http://truckconversion.net/photopost....php?photo=878

and here's the ad on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1968-MCI-CUSTOM-COACH-Be...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

What's funny is on the ebay ad, it says: "Stainless steel fold-up toilet/sink combination"

By the way it's written, it sounds like you pee/poop in it and then wash your hands in it... Sounds sort of odd to me but who am I to question others personal behavior?

"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, Sea and Land, 1874-1922.
BravestDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 07:34 PM   #2

Here's my take:
You pee/poop in the lower swing-down part down in front BELOW the sink, THEN wash your hands in the sink above the counter. Just remember the swing-down part in the front of the cabinet below the sink, and nobody gets, uh, hurt. I think.
BTW, Nice bus!

Gary Atsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 06:20 AM   #3

There is a site that I have lost that sells used railway car parts, called Monad something or other. They sell fold down sinks that came from the sleeper cars. I bought one, then when Roadmaster went belly up, my folding sink went into a barn somewhere. Cool way to safe space, but when you buy them used, they can be really yucky, trust me on that.

Chuck
chuck is offline   Reply With Quote