Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 05-26-2010, 11:20 PM   #1

4/27 I couldn't stand it any longer and I have a new titanium rite total knee......any suggestions comments or advice good and bad experiences welcome. with a new neck and knee the only thing left is the left knee.....the old pain's gone on the rite and the neck is better than original.....girls have been acting as nurses....it was crazy in the hospital for 3 days with all the bare stomachs and hip huggers on my "nurses" geofkaye and the Rivercity Girlz

geofkaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 07:25 AM   #2

Geo, Heal well, i have a few new Knees on my list of things to do. Let the girls (Whoever they are) Take good care of you, G

Old 05-27-2010, 05:23 PM   #3

geofkaye,

A new neck??? never heard of that before. Wow!!
I cant help you much since I have all the orginal equipment. I do wish you all the best with your replacement parts....I am sure my day will come.
Take care
Ed
Old 05-27-2010, 07:23 PM   #4

geo just keep on kicking. like reading all of your posts.
volvoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:10 AM   #5

Default knee replacement

I've had both knees reconstructed a couple of times and waited til the pain got so bad in the right knee I couldn't stand it any longer, By that time my knee was a grist mill chewing up bone. So in 2007 I had total right knee replacement. Best thing I ever did. The only pain I had after surgery was when I first woke up. The pain was unbearable to the point I was praying to pass out. End result Anesthesiologist came to my room and put me back out when I woke the second time the pain was gone. Just prior to knee replacement I had to have back surgery, 5 level fusion, fake disc,installed 3 straight rods that ran vertical with screws holding them to the back bone. As the saying goes it all runs down hill we found that 50 percent of my knee pain was coming from nerves in my back. If you are already having neck problems I wouldn't be surprised that you have some type of disc damage, bone loss from walking and trying to keep weight off that knee. Again for me it was the best thing I could have done cause we also found that the bone spurs had almost cut through the knuckle at the top of lower leg bone and if that had happened it would have been major with a chance I would have lost my lower leg caused from the bone splitting. I made it to July 2013 when I started losing the feeling in both legs and feet. We found out that the bone graft done in first surgery didn't stay in place and that allowed my lower back to shift and put pressure on a many nerves, so back to surgery we went with a new young doctor that was up to date on all his training and knee what to do. He removed all hardware installed in 2005 replaced it with up to date parts added more the two biggies were he replaced the rods that were put in in 2005 that were straight with rods that have a curve in them that allow the back bone to go back to its natural position and the biggest he had to break my back in 2 (two) places because it had fused together crooked. So from someone that's rode that horse get them to check your back for correct alignment because when you replace that knee you'll start putting more stress on your back and neck without even realizing it. Our Prayers are with you and may it turn out the best possible
mjcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 09:48 AM   #6

The best thing I can say (after wife had both replaced) is to keep up on the rehab. My wife didn't exactly follow the regiment and has had a harder time to get better. She has since lost a lot of weight so that helps a lot. I worked with a guy (he was a pipefitter/welder) that had bot replaced and six weeks after he was riding his motorcycle going on long trips. The rehab will help the most.