Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 12-27-2006, 09:24 AM   #1

I did a quick search and a couple of years ago there was a great deal of discussions on insulating conversions. geoff, you did the polyico board, and I think you liquid nailed them to your trailer. Is that the way you would do it again? Any problems that you know about, with the liquid nails pulling from the poly, or more likely the case the polyico tearing from itself as you experience the normal road vibrations?

Great deal of discussion on the airstream site, about folks using the foil - refletix - material, seems to be a bit labor intensive as you need an air gap on either side for it to work properly, any here have any experience using that material? On the airstream site, they are happy, but have no comparitive data to justify how it works or doesn't work.

Veri-foam makes a do it yourself foam kit, which is of interest because it may have the highest R value per inch, anyone done there own foaming? According to the distributor, it is easy - gee what a surprise.

Based on a couple of years of experience what say you on a preferred wall, floor, and ceiling insualation system? I winter camp, where it is really, really cold, i.e. -20 degrees F, on some occasions, and -10 and windy on others.

Thanks

Chuck

Who sold the red truck and now has a Cayman Green 770 - Volvos rule!

chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 03:08 PM   #2

Good luck getting Geof to answer; he bailed outta here quite a while back. You never know, though.......
Gary Atsma is offline   Reply With Quote