Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 02-01-2015, 03:55 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERUSONE View Post
That is too funny! We have the same box.....except yours is more pimped out....and you have 2 of them!
i was flipping them for a while - out grew the cranberry one (almost the day i converted to it from an old craftsman)....i added the side cabinet to the cranberry (didnt have $2k in the set) and then came across the black box (special edition w/ extra stainless steel)... eventually i flipped the cranberry one too, and made enough to cover the cost of the black one.

in total i bought 4 boxes & flipped them all (keeping the black box) for a pretty good profit.

bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 05:41 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushpilot View Post
i was flipping them for a while - out grew the cranberry one (almost the day i converted to it from an old craftsman)....i added the side cabinet to the cranberry (didnt have $2k in the set) and then came across the black box (special edition w/ extra stainless steel)... eventually i flipped the cranberry one too, and made enough to cover the cost of the black one.

in total i bought 4 boxes & flipped them all (keeping the black box) for a pretty good profit.
That's awesome man! This is my 4th snap on. I have bought a couple that I at least got my money back on when I sold them as the tool inventory has grown. I have never made any $$ on one though. Mine is so full I have stuff laying everywhere and two other cabinets full too. I have actually been trolling Craigs list looking for another mint black one like the one I have now. I have found a couple of nice ones but they were the wrong color.

Old 02-01-2015, 05:50 PM   #63

Ok Don, since you pulled my "Man Card" on the tool box.....whatcha got in the grill department?
Attached Thumbnails
IMAG1082.jpg   IMAG1078.jpg   IMAG1077.jpg   IMAG1080.jpg  
Old 02-01-2015, 05:59 PM   #64

Quote:
That's awesome man! This is my 4th snap on. I have bought a couple that I at least got my money back on when I sold them as the tool inventory has grown. I have never made any $$ on one though. Mine is so full I have stuff laying everywhere and two other cabinets full too. I have actually been trolling Craigs list looking for another mint black one like the one I have now. I have found a couple of nice ones but they were the wrong color.
I have a strategy when buying the boxes....have a friend out a low offer (cash today)...and then go dark after a few days of enthusiastic emails....and then swoop in w/ a lower/cash only immediate offer. Most are desperate to sell them.

I've now learned that many lost their jobs, stopped making payments, took their toolboxes and RAN. Ive never paid more than about 30% list. the 2600 cranberry side cab was a contest prize & never had a tool in it...i got it for 600 bucks including shipping !

Quote:
Ok Don, since you pulled my "Man Card" on the tool box.....whatcha got in the grill department?
got me there....weve got a simple stainless grand turbo (should have bought the DCS i wanted)...but we have it plumbed to the house/natural gas.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:17 PM   #65

Quote:
I have a strategy when buying the boxes....have a friend out a low offer (cash today)...and then go dark after a few days of enthusiastic emails....and then swoop in w/ a lower/cash only immediate offer. Most are desperate to sell them.

I've now learned that many lost their jobs, stopped making payments, took their toolboxes and RAN. Ive never paid more than about 30% list. the 2600 cranberry side cab was a contest prize & never had a tool in it...i got it for 600 bucks including shipping !

got me there....weve got a simple stainless grand turbo (should have bought the DCS i wanted)...but we have it plumbed to the house/natural gas.
Great strategy. Where are you picking up your leads?
Old 02-01-2015, 09:05 PM   #66

Quote:
Great strategy. Where are you picking up your leads?
with the exception of the cranberry side cabinet (which i got off of ebay when an auction ended with a "no sale") we bought all of them off of craigslist....but i went all over for them (dallas, san antonio, tyler & houston).

i made at least 1k on each box & even had one re-sold before i got it home
Old 02-02-2015, 04:22 AM   #67

Quote:
with the exception of the cranberry side cabinet (which i got off of ebay when an auction ended with a "no sale") we bought all of them off of craigslist....but i went all over for them (dallas, san antonio, tyler & houston).

i made at least 1k on each box & even had one re-sold before i got it home
You have given my inner jew the warm fuzzies!
Old 02-02-2015, 12:51 PM   #68

Quote:
You have given my inner jew the warm fuzzies!
funny ! Of course, since Im in sales, I love the ART of a good deal too
Old 02-09-2015, 12:30 AM   #69

Very nice rig. We stayed up the road from you at Gulf State Park in Gulf Shores. We road over Peridido. It looked cool.

UGAVET is offline   Reply With Quote