Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 01-02-2006, 07:42 AM   #1

I have just noticed that my new conversion has a plastic cover over the trim fastners ( guess I was too caught up in the rest of the issues to notice earlier)
what brought this to my attention is the rust bleeding that is starting to appear form water being trapped under the plastic cover !
I much prefer the comercial look that extrusions and cast corners give and I love exposed fasteners (rivets)
this thin trim with hidden fastners is the same thing my yellowstone class c had and it too sucked ! anyone have any thoughts or ideas on the subject or am I just being too anal ( the truck has made the trip home from IN in the rain about 6 weeks ago and has been in a heated garage since , except for short trips in good weather! I cant imagine what it will be like half way through our dirt racing season with clay dust and calcium cloride being pushed under the cover from pressure washing !

fastlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 09:45 PM   #2

....marine hardware won't start rusting and is available in most product lines that your indicating....geofkaye